Xojo Hmmmm 🤔

yes, unfortunately, and it doesn’t seem to change anytime soon.

Before anyone else complains that I’m just rambling. There is no software without bugs, but there are only a few manufacturers who just talk the world nice, negate bugs and just carry on as usual.

1 Like

Except when there's literally a gun to one's head, lying is always a bad idea.

volume., say We don't have enough people to answer the phones.

Great wisdom and philosophical depth. Kant comes flat and shallow, when compared to this one.

No one from Xojo’s management joined the debate why XDC is unattractive to developers.
It must also be mentioned that the thread did not get locked or deleted, which is good and must be noted on the positive side.
https://forum.xojo.com/t/why-xdc-is-not-attractive-to-people/74806

2 Likes

Most of the posts are related to cost of attending. The cost matter less if there weren’t so many bugs.

Back when they started recording XDC sessions, Geoff wanted a fancy production quality. I suggested just put a camera on the speaker at the beginning then pivot to the screen and pivot back at the end. No editing. Just capture, compress, and post. Instead we had to wait weeks for the videos.

I’m guessing that he wants XDC somewhere not so affordable so he and Xojo “look good”. No care for what the Devs wants just like not caring about fixing bugs.

But Steve Jobs always asked for brilliant recording quality!

1 Like

Fresh from their helpdesk, you only need to replace water with “Xojo bug”.

Silencing people, doesn’t increase product quality …

1 Like

Regressions tests should have cau …

never mind :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Isnt that the definition of insanity ?
doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result ?

3 Likes

no, that’s entirely up to me, because I believe in crazy ideas. For example, in my world, the earth is a sphere and it revolves around the sun.

1 Like

Anyone want to place a bet on that was why they didnt do it for so many years ?

If it can be broadcast quality like Apple does we’re not going to do it !

or something like that

TBH I did this with a much smaller company nearly a decade earlier
Every attendee got the DVD with every session recording on it from Keynote to wrap up on the last day as they left
Plus CD’s with sessions slides & example projects
And it was all done in what I would consider very good quality even then
Thanks to Apple for sending all the Mac Pro’s to rip from digital tapes & compress the video

it is & was possible but …

blah
bland
flavourless

hmmmm …

And again the motivation of the company to act like they do is to have a clear outside communication we have a fw Bugs but nearly no showstoppers and if there is a showstopper we will fix it immediately so everybody keeps in production. Thinking about that makes me also realizing that they said this exactly also about Xojo Web 1.0…but there was of coarse no fix. But Xojo Web 1 was only on focus for old Customers not for new ones.

I heard that relationships are built upon trust that, once damaged, can be difficult to impossible to restore.

The damage was done slowly before Web 2
Yanking Web1 with no “upgrade path”, as hinted there would be, and no support for Web 1 seriously hurt it
API2 pretty much crushed it for many

Difficult to restore ?
Sure
but they’ve not even started to try to restore it from what I can tell

1 Like

Let’s do a little grammar school exercise:
Open → Opening
Ignore → Ignoring
Fail → Failing

That sums up my experience.

It is my belief they’ve decided that they’ve moved on from old customers because we complain too much. Seriously, we keep asking for bug free new features, bug fixes for bugs that have been around a while, and for power features. New users don’t ask for those things because they don’t know any better yet.

1 Like

If Web 1 was another target like Mac, Win, Linux this likely wouldn’t have happened.

Web 2 would have needed to fit the constraints. Instead, Xojo decided to create an entirely different app model.

This also makes it likely that Web 2 will be trashed in favor of Web 3 someday in the future.

I respectfully disagree. I was a new user. What I expected was a platform that had the basics right, not requiring epic workarounds and declares. As a semi-professional developer I depend more on good and complete documentation than a pro dev. To my horror, Xojo doc was moved to a totally poor implementation and is riddled with errors and omissions. Xojo got me lost, the new customer had to be replaced with a new one after less than a year. That’s a fast spin.

1 Like

Instead of “We are experiencing an unusually high number of bugs lately”, say “We don’t have enough people…”

5 Likes