Xojo Hmmmm šŸ¤”

. Has anyone successfully utilized the web list box for anything beyond a basic list?

oh many years ago (with web1.0) I used weblistboxes for displaying reservations in an calendar-style weekly overview for reservations of time slots.

Worked pretty good because the webapp was only used by a limited number of users (never more than 10 concurrent).

2 Likes

Wow. Xojo is having a huge 14% off sale. Muahahahahaha. Canā€™t make this stuff up.

1 Like

-14% in bug count would be better.

4 Likes

Marketing does what marketing does to get eyeballs to the site to try and sell a few licenses. I donā€™t hold that against them. It is Pi day (3.14) after all.

3 Likes

Yes, and we have some customers, which turned off auto renew months ago.

So for those that still use Xojo, have an older version in use and need a current one, this may be a welcome offer to grab a current license at a discount.

The should have gone fill circle and did a 2Ļ€ (28%) sale! :wink:

-karen

1 Like

Still using 2019 for windows and 2018 for web.

For web, Iā€™m waiting for Web 2 to not fell like a pre alpha product (and for control arrays)

For desktop, the same, Api2 controls have a lot of bugs, dark theme is still a half bakedā€¦

They dont offer a lot of reasons to ā€œgrab a current licenseā€

I just hope they have a decent release before introducing another stupid change :expressionless:

4 Likes

At most I would, at the end of my first year (soon I believe) get a one-platform desktop license for Windows but even that I would probably put off unless there was some sort of bug or inability of the last version I downloaded (probably 2023 v1) to run on a new version of Windows or some such, AND which they had actually fixed (a couple of big IFs). Later I might switch to macOS to re-backport the app there if I end up actually needing it for my own projects. Or in other words the minimum needed to keep a single internal-use app going. I do not see any good business reason to keep developing in Xojo, nor even really a good personal reason, given the number of unresolved bugs and evidence of embedded abandonware within the platform, the lack of a credible path forward in mobile or web, etc.

1 Like

ā€¦ and reward xojo for what exactly?

1 Like

For making a new version, which is so amazing, that you want to buy it?

if you donā€™t like it, you wonā€™t buy it.

I guess this train went off before years. look what happened to too many Customers. I do not believe that youā€™ll get back the Customers which changed to another System. And the strategy of Xojo is: getting new Users. So what? Xojo will exist and further be available. Until when? Nobody knows.

More bugs at a discount and Xojo Inc is adequately staffed. I wonā€™t renew until they change course.

3 Likes

Exactly. Not worth any discount when you have to spend a crap ton of time to find and then work around Xojo bugs.

1 Like

Or enjoying the great software quality thanks to Xojo unit testing:
https://forum.xojo.com/t/plugin-controls-get-empty-colors-and-empty-booleans-for-properties-in-2022r4-and-r4-1/74845

2 Likes

buy 2 bugs, get 4 for free.

3 Likes

Spoiler alert: XDC 2023 slide preview: 2022 in a nutshell.

GP asking: did you finish your task?

2 Likes

Nice. Karma in action.

Geoff Perlman is starting to see the results of ditching Pro Devs. Less Pros = less testing = more bugs. Worse and worse as time goes on. Just imagine what a mess Android is likely to beā€¦

2 Likes

Yes, only new users are using the latest release, if any are left. Fascinating that none of their automatised tests @ Xojo picked this one up :slight_smile:

1 Like

ā€˜Do it right or donā€™t do it at allā€™ - really?

1 Like

Xojo Bot is busy archiving bug reports. Has no time for testing.

2 Likes