Xojo Hmmmm 🤔

Does this mean 1,173 persons viewed the entire video, or that 3 people did, and 1,170 didn’t survive the first five minutes?

1 Like

Who knows @bgrommes ? Youtube is writing how many started to view. They do not write who was watching the entire video. I guess: not so many but may be, nobody knows, wonders can be happened and all of them watched it even two times.

With a tor browser and a script I can set also… but no, I shall not think always worse :slight_smile:

Writing the code that translates Xojo text to Kotlin text so they can compile it using Android Studio

I can see how concepts that work in Xojo dont translate directly to Kotlin (local statics) and others
There’s other work (like setting things up so the debugger works etc)

Its work - maybe busy work - as LLVM can/should be something that can be leveraged to write the byte code but …

Some might say amazing since the pile is getter larger not smaller

Intelligent people taking open source stuffs. Kotlin and java can be done with a VM. Java to code for example with parpar VM. Result is simple objective c compilable for iOS. You may not believe but that’s also possible for java. There are ways to do it

Xojo produces “Bananaware”
Like Bananas the product will ripen at the customer’s side.

First they need a Management seeing this. Maybe employees see this aswell and try to establish certain procedures and instruments, they get undermined by every manager not following that way.

2 Likes

Maybe at some point it might be easier to write an Freebasic IDE supporting all the mature language specs than to continue to hold this Xojo mess working :slight_smile:

Monkey business…

Unfortunately FreeBasic is still not supported on Mac OS. So those using Mac OS will be let out in cold.

Instead of that PureBasic would be worth exploring.

That’s why some of us went to JAVA and left Xojo.

The PureBasic team are currently on a bug bashing campaign too :+1:

A cleanup would do wonders.
Here’s a natural forum moderator talent at work:
https://forum.xojo.com/t/can-xojo-please-put-attention-on-improving-mac-applications-built-with-xojo/69471/86
How on earth can they put a person with such a low trigger level in the role of a moderator?

Very agreeable statement. Doing so requires a thorough understanding of the customer’s (developer) business needs.

And now its locked because no one bothered to read what that person meant ; although it was said awkwardly what I read from his post was

Geoff doesnt write CODE for the IDE, frameworks etc
He contributes to Xojo in other ways as CEO
As do Dana and Alyssa

100000% percent YES
As long as Geoff believes they are adequately staffed which seems to mean appropriately staffed as far as skill sets and numbers go things wont change
Its his company to make
Or break

1 Like

Is it GP believing that, or Xojo’s bank account telling him?

1 Like

I read it both ways, but the way it was said took more importance to me (and not only me) than what the person actually meant.

If I say “you’re smart”, you can see what I mean.
If I say “you’re smart, [choose an additional insult here]”, you can also see what I mean (actually, the same thing). There’s no need to add extra impoliteness.

Probably a mix of both
But I really dont know for sure

Not sure I see how they took such offence as he clearly said what he meant - that he was counting the developers not the managerial & admin staff

As for whether he actually thought Dana & Alyssa are related; no idea
But it wouldn’t be hard to believe that he was mistaken about this

It seems people are taking great offence to something that wasn’t intended to be

And there is the possibility that Jeffrey’s first language ISNT English so wording may be a bit off from what a native speaker might say

There are many possibilities

But, as often seems to happen there, the WORST possible interpretation is whats taken to be meant and people are offended

By saying them being “Geoff’s daughters” and both being “sisters”, several readers have taken it as a “rude” way of speaking (being belittling), not as a mistake.

It could have been a mistake, rather than an offense, but then I assume the poster certainly would have apologised or answered about that (rather than answering further in the same way) after being told.

Sorry that my native language isn’t english, perhaps I hardly explain what I’m thinking.