Xojo Hmmmm šŸ¤”

There is - Label = bug + label != Android would do
Android issues seem to be labelled in a way they are not ā€œBugsā€ but fall into their own pile

Definitely

Dont know if there is an API you can use to run those queries but definitely a way to do that manually (it only takes seconds)

Mac 149 Xojo: Account Login
linux 40 https://tracker.xojo.com/xojoinc/xojo/-/issues/?sort=created_date&state=opened&label_name[]=Bug&label_name[]=Linux&first_page_size=20
Windows 118 Xojo: Account Login
Web 152 Xojo: Account Login
iOS 52 Xojo: Account Login
Pi doesnt seem to be categorized separately
IDE 644 Xojo: Account Login

Indeed I would expect it would say a lot
Whether they are/are not making ā€œheadwayā€ in only specific areas
Or any areas at all
Or spending all the time on new features and leaving bugs to languish ?

oh yes, when doctors talk about ā€œsurvivingā€, this is not always to be equated with a desirable condition :slight_smile: . Still, I take my hat off to any company that survives in the market (without acting as a criminal).

Edit: the latter is potentially debatable considering the many (marketing) lies (or at least not telling the truth).

1 Like

I dont think thereā€™s anything criminal even with marketing misdirection and half truths
I think that would, at best, be taken up in a civil lawsuit should any one care to

Letā€™s say there is an atrocious lack of honesty, decency and modesty.

1 Like

As the post from Jeannot referred to way back thereā€™s a difference between a liar and a bullshitter
One says
Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 2.23.53 PM

And I tend to like this sort of ā€œdefinitionā€ of it as it conveys that one is intentional and deliberate
The other maybe less knowing in its commission

Marketing is probably a bit of both
At least my past experience would say it is
We cant say that thats TOO straight forward and doesnt make the point we want but we COULD say ā€¦
And while not an outright lie its a real stretch of the actual truth

Like ā€œ450K usersā€ is possible IF you count every download as a ā€œuserā€ or every download & start of Xojo as a ā€œuserā€
Iā€™m sure somehow they could justify that number but most of us would expect it to be ā€œcurrent unexpired licensesā€ - at least to me that is vastly more interesting

1 Like

thatā€™s the only ā€œgoodā€ thing in Donnie, heā€™s a stable bullshitting liar :slight_smile:

ā€œYes, we still support Web 1ā€, keep your licence current.
Android is near, dont miss the black friday sale (like 5 years)ā€¦

Barelly existing selling with lies and deception. Not something to take my hat off.

And this kind of CEO behavior with no etics and unable to grow the company without lies, definitly the oposite to a ā€œtalented geniousā€

1 Like

Sure but neither of those are criminal
Unethical - quite possibly
But nothing anyone there would go to prison for
Regardless of how people who think they have been duped might feel :stuck_out_tongue:

I did a whole bunch for Future publishing, which were featured in both their Mac and PC magazines. But then Geoff took the eurozone internal and that gig dried up for me.

When you fire the IDE, Xojo servers are called and the ā€œused computerā€ (when you have a license) is changed if you use a different computer.
Are these hits in the 450K users ?

ā€œSameā€ apply for not registered usersā€¦

At last, I have numerous times built an application from a computer I do not ownedā€¦ (build a Windows version directly from the testing - client - Windows laptop for example).

Also, sometimes I can have the SSD with the project and no laptop with meā€¦

Andā€¦ upgrading an old license sometimes = same amount as a brand new license.

And the better for the end: downlicensing: I do not need a Pro license any more (nor a multi-platform license)ā€¦

How do they count that ?

As already said: sometimes the same person may had more than one license in 25 years (and is alone to use it).

The most ā€œhonestā€ way to compute the # of sold license is to use the license numbers (if they start at 1 and increaseā€¦). But who do that ?

1 Like

As I can see the IDE is only existing as long as the company exists while without internet connection it canā€™t check the license anymore. And that is needed from time to time.

So I guess: they count the rund and the compile pressings so they have a stable number of users :slight_smile:

Actually its not
You can use the IDE completely offline and manually add the license file to it and it will keep working

1 Like

we had here at least the one case not working like that.

Its supposed to work since there were cases where the Xojo installer had to be put on a thumb drive, walked into a facility where the computer it would be on had no network connection to the outside world at all, and it HAD to work

Yes, as a facility manager, I would only recommend computers without internet connections for the green software. Additionally, under no circumstances should Xojo USB stick carriers be allowed to leave the building ā€¦:slight_smile:

Developing Web Apps with Xojo - 2023-05-11T18:00:00Z

While most of what you learn about Xojo is the same regardless of what kind of app you build, there are things about building web apps that are different. Join Xojoā€™s Founder and CEO, Geoff Perlman, to learn how building web apps with Xojo is different from building desktop and mobile apps, providing you with the tools you need to be productive quickly.

Definitely a bad and malvolent abuse of the word ā€˜mostā€™.

should sit in JUSt for fun :slight_smile:

wrongā€¦

That is how I do it since 2013.