this one which has had to be re-reported several times
http://feedback.xojo.com/case/66667
the original http://feedback.xojo.com/case/37286

1 Like

Heresy !!!

complaining users are … trolls ???

I think that was the term

Alyssa would prob say:

But our annual survey of Xojo users and renewal metrics don’t reflect your experience as that of the majority of Xojo users.

I found Alyssa’s answer very predictable: it is the same mantra every time the number of people that complains (or even the global number of active users) comes up. At that time, the forum is not ‘really’ important as it is only a tiny part of their vast :roll_eyes: user base. Yet, their is no budget at all to expand the team to address their bug problems. Go figure…

btw, I kind of remember there was an alternative survey here on INN, as a lot of ‘complainers’ hadn’t received the official one. Were those results ever published?

But Arnaud wasn’t talking about those, he was talking about ones that don’t apply any more, like the X Y I just mentioned.

“Many cases I have that are left open since more than 10 years are bugs that don’t apply anymore to the current Xojo”

Come here Rick, lets bro hug it out :slight_smile: It’s not good to argue, did you really cancel your sub over this? :smiley:

Yes. I was insulted by the Xojo employees, and guess what? They think that refunding is ok and giving up users is also ok. What a great middle management.

1 Like

Awwww maaaate, 20% n’all, 20%%%%%%

At least they are consistent :wink:

I guess they gauge from the forum how things will go elsewhere as its a quicker turnaround than carrier pigeon from other users.

Not that I’ve seen, but they thought they were sending multiple of them out for over a year, so they’ve probably forgotten that they should be collating the data, or posting it, or maybe they want to keep it on the low down :wink:

1 Like

You can’t separate invalid cases and valid cases, you just say “close all reports from date x and below” or “close all product x version y and below reports” and that includes hundreds of valid and current bug reports.

20% for me, few hundred bucks for them, and another mistreated and dissatisfied user.

Who said all cases?

Of course it did not answer the question I asked.

More than few high profile long time more sophisticated users have expressed discontent. Regardless of percentage of the user base, I was asking why does Xojo think that is the case as those types of users should be significant to Xojo if it wants to improve its overall reputation.

The answer implied that was not the case,(which was what I expected if they replied at all), but i was not asking about the whole user base…

It’s always easier to answer the question you want to, rather than the one posed.

Doing that without making it too obvious is a skill … Politicians are great at that! :wink:

-Karen

1 Like

saw some on tweets

I personally think its a bad idea as I know I have compiler bugs that are about 3 years old that are still reproducible etc

1 Like

That idea is even worse than the original proposal. You can’t just dismiss bugs on some arbitrary date. That is not how it works!

Here is a novel idea: how about doing a complete rebranding! They are long overdue after all and it has (somewhat) helped in the past. Now it is just the matter of finding a good name that in no way makes any connection with ‘Xojo’ and all their problems are gone… :thinking::grin:

1 Like

Hire more developers
Fix more bugs than get introduced
Hire a complete asshole who tells marketing to shove off when asked for a ship date and refuses to let things go out untested
And support that asshole

Yes that person will be hated for a while but in the long run fixing the process of how they do what they do will do them a lot of good

I might even know someone who could BE that asshole in charge :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hey here is an idea. Make the Xojo developer who is in charge of adding/fixing/modfiying a particular section of code, do a full UNIT TEST, as well as REGRESSION test, and provide a written test plan with documented results?

If THAT is done properly, the amount of entries in Feedback would be reduced dramatically…

The bugs will hardly go down because that’ll take aaaaages