Xojo fixed it’s bug problem!

I don’t think they really care about the root cause. Geoff, Dana, and Alyssa’s actions show they only care about being ‘attacked’ in their ‘workplace’.

Is it Xojo’s workplace or a community forum? When you need help they make you email. They don’t answer questions in the forums.

I guess that’s why we need INN.

Just like zookeepers, if they are paid to go there and answer questions or just make sure the animals don’t fight then its their workplace. If you want to complain about the zoo, you go do the managers office or you shout and scream and get kicked out.

1 Like

I really did not expect them to respond…
But if they did Xojo inc would blame “unreasonable” or “rude” customers without doing a real discussion (in public at least) about their part of the responsibility.

It was really a thought question for them.

-Karen (Who is still amazed they think the listbox CellBorder methods are not needed!)

1 Like

What I said there and Dana and Alyssa distorted to attack me, was:

Seems like they said I called Xojo an Asylum, but what I said was “closing the cases and waiting people to rewrite them is insanity”. They are interpreting things in highly defensive / offensive mode. I’m offended by Xojo’s middle management. Never was invited to “go elsewhere” in a forum where they had a product I owned that was needing attention.

seems a lot like “lets test for covid less to reduce case #'s”
yes reported case #'s go down
but it doesn’t mean it happens less in the real world

this seems a lot the same

2 Likes

They ignored Karen’s comment and your comment in the 2nd paragraph.

But they latched on to the asylum part. They have no interest in being a part of the community other than to police it.

Geoff was replying to quite a few posts for damage control. He does the same thing. They reply to one little point that no one cares about and ignore the core issue.

Just look at the NASA comparison… No one is saying Xojo better be bug free. All the requests are begging for them to fix bugs languishing for years and years.

1 Like

Rick- “We have bugs 10+ years floating around.”
Arnaud - “I prefer them to be closed and we start back from scratch.”
Rick- “That’s valid for a group of people playing cards in an asylum”

Arnaud was agreeing with Xojo’s position “I prefer them to be closed and we start back from scratch. Many cases I have that are left open since more than 10 years are bugs that don’t apply anymore to the current Xojo; I fairly understand Xojo inc”

Ergo, you were saying “That’s valid for a group of people playing cards in an asylum” at Xojo.

Your further comment that you claim was misinterpreted “People is waiting for years to have their cases solved and one day they find “we just ignored all your effort and closed your case, do it AGAIN a[nd] wait few more years”.” was incorrect because that isn’t what Arnaud was talking about, he was talking about cases that don’t apply any more.

I noticed that in a LOT of conversations I’ve have had with Xojo over the years.

I also pulled Geoff up on that a while back when he incorrectly used it in another discussion. Seems like its his go to response for that line of questioning.

1 Like

I called Geoff on that once and I got a “not my intention” excuse.

At Xojo? Answering Arnaud? Another interpretation. Well… You are talking to me now, and as I’m the author of the reply to Arnaud, I can assure you what I already clarified above, what I said, and the “to whom” my reply was. As for the closing old standing reports, no, in no way you should assume they can be discarded because they are old.

That’s all very well, what you thought it said in your head, but how it came across is how I described.

You were criticising something that Arnaud said which aligned with what Xojo said, so by extension you were criticising Xojo.

If the reports are for a different IDE or framework that is no longer in existence, they should be discarded.

As for:

You were asked to take your comments elsewhere regarding this very specific situation, which ultimately has to do with the internal operation of the company and only by good fortune they actually listening to their users. You were still able to use the product and report issues with it but you decided to throw in your license, I guess it didn’t mean all that to you. How is the refund coming along?

I’d agree it makes NO sense to just close all cases and start from scratch
That would probably piss off even more people

BUT Xojo does need to cull some from feedback
Anything related to Web 1 could/should be closed as that has been killed

Of course IF they had enough staff to keep reasonably on top of bugs then this wouldnt be necessary at all

Still feels like solving the wrong problem to me

And not, it’s not another product. It’s a new version of the same product carrying all that legacy with it.

The only way to know if, let me be creative here “pressing a and b together reported in 2011” is pressing a and b together today, if it doesn’t, close the case, if it crashes, fix it.

What? A bug that only occurred in a specific version of realstudio shouldn’t be closed even though it can’t be replicated on the latest edition? I pressed button X on windows Y and it crashed. Nor Button X nor window Y exist in the latest release, Rick says we can’t close this one…

Well, as the post lasted like 5 seconds I guess denial it is.

1 Like

followed by MVP likes, the clasic

1 Like

Personally I’m some where in between Rick & you I think
There are definitely some that can be outright closed - Web 1 bug reports for instance
There are some its much harder to be that absolute about since in at least some cases the only change was maybe a rename of a control, property, event so the bug MAY still exist

Revalidating those will be a big job - for any of us
I have some 400 open cases
In my case its easier since all those are since I left so they are all < 3 years old
But “validating” they are still relevant would be a big job
And I already whittled a lot down to reproducible verifiable bugs
I’m not likely to redo that yet again (or worse every 6 months or every year)

Reproducible and verified should be on the “fast track” to get fixed since they ARE reproducible and verified

1 Like

“The community” likes their posts :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Never said that, the argument started to become nonsensical to me.
Let me retry, never talked about things like in 1998 or whatever that they already cleaned up in the past.

I’m talking about Xojo, old reports, 4, 6, 8, 10 years old. MANY probably still there, in the base framework. I don’t want to look for one just to prove the argument, but I’m sure they are there.