HERE its a minor difference
Both here mean you cannot post publicly
But you an still reply to PM’s etc
Discourse outlines the differences in the admin docs

But for practical purposes they are VERY similar here
Not so on TOF

What Garry said then was what Garry said
I’m not Garry

Be civil refrain from personal attacks and we can discuss & debate pretty much anything

When it turns into personal attacks I will step in when necessary and remind people
But, I cannot read every post in every topic so I do expect others to flag posts & such to highlight posts that are suspect
Thats in fact the point of discourse
To try & foster some “community”
And folks that want to participate can abide by normal community expectations
Or not and there can be repercussions

Just like working in an office with others or living in society
If a person goes around telling everyone else to “Go F yourself” etc they wont last long at the job nor will they enjoy the benefits of being part of society

Its YOUR choice which way it goes

If you don’t agree with the rules, then Leave?

FYI… there is ZERO percieved Privacy here…

1 week I silenced him for

They have now asked for the account to be deleted (as you can see in the images I posted)

There is a difference. TOF bans you complete. It does not silence you. It bans. And always when it baby a user he has no chance to come back. Even when he tries. Asks. No. No chance. And that IS a huge difference between the two places. And yes: also the tolerance it a question. As far as I know nobody can write a comment like that and will ever be allowed to be back on platform.

What does PM stand for again? Private Message? Personal Message? Public Message? I’m confused …

You’re sitting here defending his “what are you 12” and wondering why he got silenced for THAT ?
In fact it WASNT that
I initially said so in a less direct way

I asked him to edit it
Got told to fuck off - THAT got a SILENCE
I replied
And my reply got another fuck off

You still continue to contest WHY he was silenced - so I posted the reason
And now you’re pissed I gave you a very direct clear evidence based reason ?

I give up with you Markus

Big difference between Norm and Garry. Garry hid one of my posts that broke no rules when I replied to someone complaining about toxic posts. I’m glad that Garry passed the torch.

Where do you see “PM” even being used… all I see is “MESSAGE”

and Discord refers to them as DM - Direct Message… but whatever

Already explained: TOF is a VENDOR forum. And you can still read it.

And now we are haggling over the degree of freedom. I agree that racism, etc, any kind of hate speech have no place - but to be upset about “what are you 12” and ask for it to be changed “or else …”??? I find that ludicrous.

I don’t believe that I’m more tolerant than others - but I know that people are different. And to try to press people into a “be polite to each other or I bring out the big stick” is just asking for pretence - and I HATE pretence. Give me an honest “fuck off!” and day … and don’t start telling me again what I feel and that surely I’m wrong to use “Hate” (that arrogance was incredible).

But I was and am a big fan of Star Trek - if you can’t stand a little commotion then how would you deal with Klingons?

The difference is that you can criticize things here.

It’d rock have no limits, but there are people that push boundaries.

Typical… .ignore the facts as provided and keep promoting the wrong information in an attempt to support you misquided position…

Please dont mischaracterize what I wrote
There was no “edit this or else”
Go read the post again

Again you’re mischaracterizing what I asked
Direct personal insults have NO place in a debate or discussion - regardless of how contentious the topic might be

if the only way you can discuss things is to retort “Fuck off cunt” then you really should have quit long before that

Personal insults are NOT ok

Call me a tyrant - I really dont care
But I want this place to be able to talk about just about anything with descending into the toxic stew that is 4chan 8chan etc

So, I wont have it

Dont like that rule - there is an option - dont participate

2 Likes

Okay Markus. The tolerance on my site ended at the f…ck comment and that I meant when I wrote “And yes: also the tolerance it a question.” and I still believe that this comment was out of that range I would want ever to accept. Yes, maybe, you can see it different. and maybe, you can live with a f…ck you…maybe. But I don’t even want to live with that. I hate that wise of conversation. I can stand it but I don’t want to. So I can say: yes my tolerance ends up before your’s. Possible. But. It is also so that many people are coming up with a much lower tolerance level than me. And I guess we should have here a conversation level granting that the. most people can live with it.

There is no place for this kind of insults. Moderators are human beings and must not endure this kind of transgression. Silencing is in accordance with the rules.
Freedom of speech includes responsibility for what you say or write.

1 Like

I have yet to delete the account

WHY ?

I’m a bit upset at being told to F off
So I’ll sit & let myself calm a bit

And if the request still stands after the silence period expires I will then remove the account

If he is from Europe he has the right to get the account and all the related posts deleted. It’s a shitty rule but it is a rule. So anonymize the account and leave it. Would be my position.

I never said he got silenced for that, and I got you from the start - I said the commotion and the request for him to change it is wrong as what others wrote isn’t much better. So did you ask others too?

And I say maybe you should consider whether that FU was justified? Just because you ask “politely” doesn’t make the request any better.

If you send someone a message then you expect it to be treated as private. The only time I can see a justification for publishing from a message to me is if that person publicly denies writing that - which isn’t the case here.

Funny thing is I “got” you and understood what you meant the whole time. And I would argue that others were not much better than what XojoPro did publicly, and that your transgression was worse than his annoyed “FU”. So there should be a lot of “silencing” going round …

As a member of this forum I petition for a permanent ban of @XojoPro.

1 Like

I have no idea where he is from

never justified… period…