Xojo developer gatherings

Well stated Norm!

People hate it when their world is shaken with new information. Just because Xojo works for some doesn’t mean it works for others. That’s gaslighting.

From everything I read folks are mostly happy with Xojo Desktop. It’s the least broken part of Xojo. But that’s not the case for Web, iOS, and Android. Think about it. Xojo literally trashed Web 1.0 and replaced it with Web 2.0 with no real upgrade path. Those that have upgraded suggest that rewriting is the best option.

Some call complaining about that as toxic. Some call bitching about the bugs is toxic. It’s not. Xojo really screwed over customers. And xojo is still screwing over customer every time a bug is “Archived”. It’s friggin nuts.

Instead, post some information to support your argument instead the mindless “toxic” nonsense.

2 Likes

As was mine earlier.

I might not agree with “XojoPro”, but don’t kid yourself that INN is so different from TOF anymore.

Are you allowed to critisise Xojo here and not there? Sure. After all TOF is a vendor’s forum while INN is about comparing languages and finding solutions that fit your needs.

But otherwise? INN has banned people (me), has silenced people, … what next?

Power corrupts after all …

Is this a bible study group that “what are you 12” is such an insult?

Isn’t it censorship when you tell people what and how they can say things?

I would agree that racism, hate speech, deliberate misinformation etc cross the line - but this???

That is snowflakery at its worst.

While I am not a fan of “banning” people from any forum (not I am banned from TOF)… I do realize there are times when an individual may for one reason or another take on a overly “toxic” attitude and become a source of vile postings that do nothing but turn others against them. Those people I have no issue with being banned… This is a “community” where members are expected to behave themselves with some degree of decorum. I personally take the approach of “muting” those that I don’t wish to hear from, but that is just me.

1 Like

You can personally mute whomever you want, no problem - but quite honestly what has been thrown at XojoPro wasn’t much better than his “what are you 12” remark. Have those users been asked to change their writing?

One could equally say that Hal’s comments are toxic, or Thorsten’s, or mine for that matter.

1 Like

This is a community where you do not get banned for critics. At least when and if they are constructive. But you may get banned when harming other people. That’s it. Otherwise it will not work for the rest.

Oh, yes. That’s true. But this user made more than one discussion like this. I think, it is the summary. And even you got silenced once. But not banned. Also I was near by to get silenced more than once. But a community has to have also a bit of control. And I guess we have to live with the fact that not all decisions are decisions we would make or not make.

I was banned for 3 months and threatened with a permanent ban if I don’t do as asked.

Fat chance of that.

okay I was or we got informed that you are silenced and not banned. I am sorry to hear it.

TBH your was MUCH more polite and didnt use the F word to reply to me

INN has not BANNED ANYONE - including you
Silenced YES
And that DOES limit your ability to post for a period of time
But it does not prevent you from logging in

TOF suspends them
And the difference there is that a suspension means that even if you hold a Pro license and are supposedly able to test betas you cannot because you cannot even log. So you cannot access the testers channel.

Yeah I pay for the entire operation of this site
Its literally “MINE”

Its unnecessary and serves ONLY to insult
In that regard its pointless, and unnecessary

Be civil

A forum has rules and legal obligations. Last but not least, there is a difference between disagreement and disrespect/insult. The latter requires active moderation.
No fun but necessary.

Sure, he agitates. If people here are really so sensitive that they can’t stand it then they can silence him.

But silence / ban him completely?

XojoPro is nowhere near as bad as BH was - and I was against banning him from TOF and argued with Geoff against it even though I was his favourite target.

As a grown man or woman you have to be able to stand your ground and stand a bit of controversy - so ironically his “what are you 12?” comment is being proven right - and I always preferred the ones who told me “You’re a pompous idiot” to my face (one of them even became my best friend) than those who were all well-spoken and polite but bad-mouthed me behind my back (not a snowflakes chance in hell of ever becoming friends).

But maybe that’s just me.

I know I’ve been around too long when I know who BH is! :wink:

-Karen

4 Likes

You can see for yourself what “agitating” got him silenced
I asked nicely I thought

EDITED : Dec 7 2022
IMAGES REMOVED

I was told to “fuck off prick” for asking them to edit out the insult
Silenced user for a while for that response
Was then told “delete my account cunt”
No further action required

Never silenced for the much simpler comment

The only difference between silencing and banning is the logging in which means you get automatically scrolled to the new posts. But that is such a small difference that it seems like a “potatO - potAto” thing.

And IIRC Gerry used the terms “temporararrily banned” and “permanent ban”

He is silenced, not banned. Means in short time he is back. That’s it. If I understood @npalardy correct.

based on that post, I 100% support not only deleting his account, but banning his IP address as well, there is NO call for that kind of response.

1 Like

Unnecessary to post this - and in quite a few places you would get banned for posting private conversation. I find THAT actually worse than his transgression.

1 Like

I know that and I know that especially we both are able to say things like that one to the other. But it changes nothing. It is Normans Site and he makes the rules. He wants no help in paying for the site and he wants to have this site in the continuum like he feels like.

And TOF is Geoffs forum. So ANYONE complaining about TOF should just come here and read THIS conversation.

As I said: not so different anymore …