Xojo Annual Survey

I have no idea but, maybe it was just a general cleanup?

IMO, there is an unfair amount negativity sinergy here. I agree with or understand all the complaints, but if someone were to find this forum before trying Xojo they would not bother to download it, which I find unfair (for both Xojo and the person who will not try it).

Julen

5 Likes

When you look at threads trying to find replacements for Xojo the product I think you’ll find comments that say Xojo does what it does pretty well and that they wished the company would manage things differently
Threads like
Alternatives to Xojo?
WHAT are people moving to or are considering moving to?
Other tools

There are people who have expressed their distaste for how Xojo, the company, deals with things
Closing threads, removing posts, banning users, etc

2 Likes

I am aware of that, and I also know many of those who complain would like the best for Xojo, but that’s because I have been around for some time. I also know many of the recent complaints do not involve the product but the behavior of the company or its CEO, but it is hard to mentally separate them so all criticism may be perceived as corresponding to the product.

For a casual reader it would not be easy to spot the positive remarks among the sea of negativity here, IMO.

2 Likes

Well, every time BH had one of his disturbing rants about Xojo, they had an uptick in new customers.

Seems there is no such thing as negative publicity …

It’s remarkable that after all this time I know who you’re referring to. That’s quite a legacy.

He was pretty memorable for sure! :wink:

-Karen

1 Like

I think he even recently posted on bob’s blog
One of them

Recently Dave posted a link to an old thread (the one about obfuscation) where he participated and it was fun reading his posts .

Brad brought a shotgun and aimed at anything that moved.

The guy was steaming with hate and paranoia.

The other rants these days are so boring “oh I hate Xojo, I’ll not use Xojo anymore”. Just to be followed by the same rant a couple of days later.

Others than the “really know bug” that was not shared…

Most comments are just telling the truth about the company behavior and the current state of the product.

Actually there is no need to separate them, the behavior of the CEO is at the end what determine the quality of the product.

Yes, I agree. My point is only (or mostly) the negative aspects of the product and the company are mentioned here, which is not a fair representation of what Xojo is. It has good things too.

I disagree. You wouldn’t care about the CEO’s behavior if the product were bug free. Also, you wouldn’t be satisfied by a very open CEO if Xojo were useless due to bugs.

Moreover, when the lack of empathy from Geoff comes up there is something that always comes to my mind: He knows Xojo best, who Xojo’s clients are, what they want, the weight of each type of client on the income of the company, … maybe all those complaints about him not reacting properly are based on the assumption that we understand Xojo’s situation and maybe we don’t. So maybe he is doing what he thinks is best for the company (if that’s the case he is doing his job properly) even if that means pissing off a small fraction of the current clients. Personally, I have no idea so I can’t give a worthy opinion.

I don’t know Geoff but I would have a hard time to believe he is taking decisions based on ego or an obtuse mentality.

Julen

1 Like

That is something Xojo has brought upon themselves by banning/deleting topics as soon as something negative or a competing product is mentioned. Never seen such paranoia from any company. When they allowed negative feedback in the past on their forum, at least they could respond. The problem is in many cases, they just couldn’t give a valid response and Geoff will NEVER admit a decision they made was just wrong (hence the ego part).

So, as soon as you do post something that is not positive, post are deleted (by Xojo personel or one of their stormtroopers). This behaviour has resulted in this forum and now backfires big of course.

We know Xojo reads this forum too, so maybe, just maybe, they learn something from it. But I wouldn’t keep my hopes up…

4 Likes
  • He knows Xojo Best… as a language? doubtful… as a Company… I’ll give you that
  • who Xojo clients are? not even close… he knows who he WANTS them to be, but its painfully obvious he doesn’t know who they ARE
  • What they want? seriously? this has been demonstrated over and again to be not true
  • That we understand Xojo situation the least important thing for us as clients, what WE understand is how their situation affects US
  • He is doing what he thinks best, true, but that doesn’t mean its right, not that his is doing his job properly.

There is no such thing as reality, there is only perception, and the perception of many here is that Xojo is becoming less and less viable as a solution

1 Like

As I said before, I don’t know Geoff or have any other insight to reply to this.

I agree, but is this a reply to MY post? I never said this is not happening, actually:

I don’t have the insight to tell you are wrong, but it seems to me you base these sentences on what has been said in this forum and TOF, which is not enough for me as proof of anything.

But MANY HERE amounts to just a few, and that is not representative of what’s going on around Xojo in general.

I am just saying to me it looks like a few (yes, a few: one dozen, two, three, four? still a few) long time users find Xojo (the product) is getting worse over time and they are complaining publicly. We don’t know about the rest of the users, or I should say, I don’t know about the rest of the users (but I suspect most of us are in the same boat here).

In addition, I suspect most of you don’t know about what kind of client is more profitable for Xojo and are assuming you are very important to them, but that may not be the case (and I mean this respectfully).

Julen

I am not defending Xojo, I am just saying that I (we?) don’t have the full picture here.

Usually things aren’t black or white, but grey.

All we have is what wee see them do and say and how that affects us
And when we voice that displeasure its often shut down with locked threads etc

2 Likes

Bear in mind… that 1% of users will post praises of a product, 5% will post complaints, 94% will be complacent. And this is in regard to ANY product.

But when those 5% (or whatever the real number is) are all voicing the EXACT SAME issues … again… PERCEPTION IS EVERYTHING

This was just to illustrate why most posts here do not have a ‘positive’ vibe.

1 Like