Xojo Annual Survey

wow
thats aggressive patrolling of anything that might reflect badly

which is self defeating since now it spills out of a place they cant even do anything about it

Because one Xojo staff member replied to me privately and said everything is fine – removal of non-licensed members from the testers/Alpha/Beta/Prerelease channel when a new test starts has been policy for years: I think I remember this policy was abolished when they opened the testers channel to non-Pro members too.

Named Xojo employee says the reason my post was removed because they remove lies and misinformation. Because the only point where my post might have been incorrect: Anyone here who has not a license but was not removed? Anyone who was removed earlier for that reason since open Beta started?

My understanding since I found Xojo in 2017, is that anyone with a current paid license can participate as a Tester. If you have Pro or higher, you are automatically in, if you have desktop or lite, you need to contact Xojo to be added as a tester.

I was under the impression that if you don’t renew your license you will be removed from the Testers area, just like if you go from Pro to Desktop or Lite, your Feedback points are less than if you stay as Pro. I think if you don’t have a current license your points are set to 0. Also if you have Pro and then downgrade, you no longer see the “Leads”.

It looks like removing someone, due to expired license, from Testers is a manual process or at least is only done when a new cycle starts, maybe to let you finish your testing even if your license expires in the middle of a testing cycle.

That is the stated policy, but I was in Testers for over a year after my lic expired. I was removed the day Norm and DaveS where banned. Sure feels like petty retribution.

They only started the mass purging when I spoke up. So it either is a new policy or newly enforced after being caught.

:frowning:

I was just threatened for violating a rule, but I don’t know which one.

Thanks for the confirmation, Hal. I would expect more that have been treated similarly (for the positive part at least).

So while we cannot prove that our suspicion is correct, I would think that an addition like “No, there is no special treatment for people being critical.” would have been a more adequate response.
Like you, I don’t see a lie or misinformation in my reply to Aurelian that would make a deletion necessary. Except for, as it seems to be the case, there was an omission of data. Like “we are reestablishing this policy now for our own reasons.”
Omission of data is of course just another word for non-truth.

The three fingers that point back.
Just thinking loudly. Thanks again!

1 Like

I had to ask to be added, despite having a Pro licence.

I was still on the testers list even after several months of my licences expiring.

2 Likes

My PRO licence expired almost 2 years ago :upside_down_face: Current Xojo still doesnt worth the money for a new one.

I did some beta testing and make some FC for some bugs. No more testing? Well, that is actually THEIR lost.

4 Likes

Standard acceptable policy : Upon the detection of a perceived lie or stated information may not be correct, Inform the poster of the correct information, and/or provide an explanation as to why the information was perceived incorrectly.

Xojo Policy : Just delete it, it doesn’t piss off our clients, and makes Xojo feel more like they are wearing big boy pants

2 Likes

Geoff says you must have Pro. Alyssa says you don’t. :thinking:

Now I got another warning for something

It must be that you dont believe in the CEO :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This is what I asked regarding the first warning:

Not much recent evidence as to why we should, is there?

When they issue warnings/bans, in my STRONGLY HELD opinion, they need to be specific about which post and what they found objectionable about it…

Once they do that they DO NOT HAVE TO reply if you disagree with their assessment, but i think they OWE the person the specifics of how they see things when they warn/ban at a minimum to be fair.

All this makes me really wonder if their sales have not taken a big dive, as this type of behavior, which is such a HUGE change from how the company used to act, suggests desperation.

They made a lot of changes in the last year or so, that they HAD to know upfront would upset a lot of long time customers… Were they not prepared for that?

I know if I stay with Xojo, I will eventually have to go to API 2 and lose backward compatibility.

I don’t know if i want to do that at all, but I know right now I can’t afford to.

I just don’t have the time. API 2 would slow me down a good bit even writing new code as it is different enough combined with the index changes that I would need to look a lot up and be very careful (because of the index changes) about introducing bugs.

Using the product for over 19 years I have a good bit of existing code I reuse and modify snippets of all the time, and I just don’t have the time to convert all that code to API 2…

But I can’t do that for other reasons as well… In my situation I also need backwards compatibility and one can’t code in the latest IDE and maintain backwards compatibility without playing games…

Those are a lot of things that are issues for me for sure (and that is besides the bugs of course).

-karen

3 Likes

While it’s true whole project files aren’t backward compatible, I think external items are (correct me if I’m wrong).
So, along with #if XojoVersion<2020 pragmas in the code, I think it’s not that hard to maintain compatibility (I’m not arguing it’s super easy, though, especially if you have to do that on half your lines of code).

Buying a Pro license gives you Tester status more or less automatic.

If you don’t have a Pro license, you can ask nicely and you may be granted Tester status.
Alyssa can setup that for you.

1 Like

I don’t use external items.

-Karen

I haven’t got a pro license since 2015, but had tester status until last week. I do think they did a ‘cleanup’ for everyone who did criticize them in the last few weeks (and attend this forum). Xojo has become one paranoia company I guess…

1 Like