Xojo Annual Survey

Wine bar implies upmarket, professional, not “your common Joe” … which seems to be the wrong metaphor.

The point being the proprietor has taken a comfy cosy welcoming thing and changed it in a way the regulars are leaving and the proprietor doesnt seem to understand why they are leaving.

Take the local pub where everyone heads for a pint and turn it into a wine bar and wonder why business plummets.

Yes, it may eventually recover
Or not
It remains to be seen which way this works out

1 Like

I rather think the nice & cosy pub with simple but good food (and decent portions of it) for a decent price got turned into a diner with plastic chairs and tables, neon lights, and the best you can hope for is an overpriced lukewarm sausage in a floppy bun.

Whatever metaphor suits you :+1:

I filled in the survey with some less than complimentary comments. Now I find I have been ejected from the Xojo forum Testers status, even though I am not currently licensed (pro). Of course, this might be SOP, and they missed me until now. I don’t test betas. Why should I when I have to pay them to do so?

1 Like

too many coincidences at Xojo :wink:

We’ve just been removed from the testers area. I checked and it is because we don’t have a current license. Apparently, it should have happened much earlier but didn’t due to a glitch in the system.

Well, so much for my convenient conspiracy theory…

did you also happen to recently fill out the survey ?

They did the same thing to me. My license lapsed but they left me in Testers until I they saw a forum post that they didn’t like.

It’s retribution in their small petty way.

Me too. But hey, that is the Xojo way to solve stuff! Now Geoff is going to be able to say ‘nobody in the testers forum did complain about it’ the next time something fails (again)…

3 Likes

I did, but I don’t think anything in my response would have made them want to throw me out.

Geoff just replied to me on twitter.

When you said like that, it sounds like a really stupid decision by xojo.

I were kicked from the testers also, but, as you said, you have to pay them to make their work and that is not even appreciated or ignored…

Well, he already did that even if the tester forum were full of complains so…

2 Likes

Another bad management decision kicking out so many testers at this point. With only a couple of thousand active pro users left (max IMHO) and, as Geoff once mentioned himself, only a very low percentage attending the forum, they desperately need every hand available to get out of this cesspool of bugs.

It could’ve been free labor from people who use their software every day. Something they certainly can use now that they don’t have the resources to get more much needed paid engineers.

This company will probably survive this latest ordeal again (so they can add another year to their existence list which compares them with other programming languages :grinning:). The problem is, they have been doing just that for over a decade now…

1 Like

I didn’t get the survey; but I got booted too… there seems like quite a few people got kicked out for having expired licenses.

I would imagine that Xojo might want as much help as it can get with r2.

I wasn’t really complimentary in the survey. But I have a current license and didn’t get the boot.

2 Likes

Looks like they kicked out anyone without a current license. Happened to me too.
Where a kind reminder or information would have been adequate … Does not give hope for the so necessary change of mind.

2 Likes

Geoff : I don’t know where you guys are getting this crap… Our testing group (both of them) have done extensive testing (after they get home from elementary school), and they assure me that Xojo is perfect!

And nothing was ever so quickly removed like my answer to Aurelian on TOF, saying that Xojo kicked out the members without a current license from the testers channel – or at least those who criticised them.

1 Like