WOHOO! "New" Xojo Roadmap!

I’d prefer people use their names for exactly these reasons
I’ll own what I say - I have no issue with that
BUT - xojo_spartacus - perhaps you should use a name not a handle ?

4 Likes

BUT - xojo_spartacus - perhaps you should use a name not a handle ?

He knows who I am.

I have fenced with him openly and under my real name plenty of times, besides he continued his defense of that argument over here the day I signed up.

I dont
Maybe I would recognize the name if you used your real one ?
It just seems disingenuous to say

If your are going to defend your position, be a man (or woman) and do so in the open, own it and spit in the face of your opponents openly.

then use an alias
My 2 cents

3 Likes

I dont
Maybe I would recognize the name if you used your real one ?
It just seems disingenuous to say

Well YOU guys have already silenced me twice, once by being butt-hurt over my pointing out the US president’s terrific (read: utterly embarrassing) YouTube Dislike Ratio (after months of having to endure uninterrupted Trump hatred I might add), so much for the claim to being the pinnacle of impartial free speech but so be it, I am not a complete pussy, nor did I choose this name to hide my intentions, only as a rallying point. (big mistake expecting that here, I now know)

I am known as Juyoun Park on the other forum, as I said, he knows, and now you know…

Now how about the big chief himself man up and come to the table under his own skin? Perhaps show that he is not full of complete bullshit, and is also seeking a mutual beneficial solution after all.

Breath holding…

Unlikely
Given what little I know about how this forum is regarded by the powers that be on TOF I doubt we’ll see geoff or @alyssa show up

We’re all … lets see …

• negative
  • whiners
  • bitchers
  • moaners
  • people who rail against fascism and violence and then turn around and treat people they know online and off with disrespect, irrational anger and just plain rudeness. ( or just plain conspire to get them fired but hey !)

Unlikely
Given what little I know about how this forum is regarded by the powers that be on TOF I doubt we’ll see geoff or @alyssa show up

We’re all … lets see …

• negative
  • whiners
  • bitchers
  • moaners
  • people who rail against fascism and violence and then turn around and treat people they know online and off with disrespect, irrational anger and just plain rudeness. ( or just plain conspire to get them fired but hey !)

Right, and this does not happen yet because of the in-group-fighting (useless and petty political bloviating, personal “reputation” protection (i.e. turf guarding and asskissing), some very toxic personalities (certainly not all), and brutally low expectations and soul crushing apathy that can be found here. All that does not however, mean that the people here are wrong about Xojo Inc.

There are more than enough customers found here to make enough noise, the fact that we are called:

• negative
  • whiners
  • bitchers
  • moaners
  • the whiners forum, et al, etc.

demonstrates that the discussions here and on the other website comment sections are having an impact, causing discomfort, they are making waves and that the politburo would like to have this nasty little problem go away so that they can go back to care free and easy sailing. The fact that they are counter attacking at all demonstrates that this place is having an effect, on some level (perhaps small, but demonstrable) that compels them to act to try and discredit and you.

Like it or not the formula is as follows:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Yes. I was told I was a very reasonable person, but that changed when I spoke up about all the bugs and Web 2.0 delays.

5 Likes

I feel like Xojo strung me along with the promises of Web 2.0 for all those years. Then it came out as alpha quality.

In the end though, I did win as PHP is such a pleasure to work with.

1 Like

Agreed, wholeheartedly. I myself have been experimenting with the alternatives. That does not mean that I am going to let this shit-show slide and go un-accountable, and become the next innocent dev’s problem.

Add up the man-hours you spent on first learning Xojo, then all the Xojo bugs and workarounds that were not your own, and the re-tooling of your established frameworks, the forced re-investment of time and money into yet another ecosystem etc, then multiply that with the rage caused by the knowledge that he does it on purpose, does not give a damn for his customers time or wasted efforts, end product quality or liabilities caused by his complete lack of direction, technical competency, mismanagement and abandonment of any sort of quality control.

Even with a huge array of voices (many far better placed than he to know what needs to be done technical wise), even after passionate and well reasoned pleas, with all the evidence and completeness of a courtroom case, respectfully, politeness and literal begging , he still turns to the customers and says… “f*ck you, shut up, I dont care how bad it hurts, I am the boss, now pay me”

That cant go unanswered just for the next poor bastard to also get caught up in this time-vampire mountain of marketing-hopium bullshit. Without pressure and push-back, yet more thousands of dollars, and hundreds (or thousands) of hours will be sucked away yet all over again from somebody who does not know what they are getting into.

Everybody who knows the real deal, and has gotten off the Xojo carousel for themselves, needs to help to push back, until Xojo inc. are forced to change for the better, are smothered in a avalanche of shit-reviews and complaints or fold utterly.

Now you’re being irrational :slight_smile:

Short of refusing to pay them more $ and making sure that issues are well known I dont really know there is anything we can “force” the company to do.

Maybe a class action lawsuit but thats a stretch
Esp for those who are international users

Short of refusing to pay them more $ and making sure that issues are well known I dont really know there is anything we can “force” the company to do.

Noise… lots of noise. (that’s all you need)

When a new customer goes looking into the Xojo ecosystem to see if its right for the job, thats the point where they need to run head first into a mountain of carefully curated evidence to the contrary. Its already working, if I was a new customer I would undoubtedly find this place, and the independent reviews, and the other website comment sections and conclude that Xojo in its current form is a hard-pass due to mismanagement and bug infestations.

Just keep on bitching, moaning, pissing, posting (en mass and collectively), commenting and tossing this warning wherever it will stick… its then up to Xojo inc. to play whack-a-mole until they run out of subscribers or get back to the business of serving their customers… in any event, new customers can avoid being dragged into the spiderweb to be eaten alive, and you get some relief for time served.

Geoff Perlmann carpetbagging on the livecode forum speaks volumes about the man.
His own forum doesn’t allow a squeak about other tools.

4 Likes

Geoff Perlmann carpetbagging on the livecode forum speaks volumes about the man

…and about their current situation, as no healthy business operator would do this under anything but dire circumstances.

1 Like

Honestly, I dont wish them to face the fate they have seen fit to craft for themselves, I would love a redemption, everybody loves a good atonement and recovery … but he just keeps on digging deeper, and deeper.

1 Like

The irony is funny

2 Likes

Even @DaveS? Perhaps he has not stated it like that, but when I read some things he writes, I feel it being very close. Just my feeling; I’ll wait for him to answer, if he wants to.

Granted. Focus back at things that worked first. Once the core product gets strong and popular again, then they might think about expanding Xojo capabilities (and worker teams).

It’s still unclear (to me at least) what’s their strategy with that. Is it to harmonise code in the long run?
Then perhaps it’ll be worth the move, one day…

The only things missing in the MBS plugin is an IDE and a compiler. :wink:

I have some projects already running on desktop that I want to port to mobile devices (personal use), thus Android support is something I’m awaiting a lot.
Not all expectations are tied to making money.

Sorry to read that. Have you spotted the reason behind this?

11 posts were split to a new topic: Migraines - causes & possible treatments

That’s really all I want. Fix the damn IDE. Make Help Text work right, which it hasn’t since RealStudio.

1 Like

Sad. I express my sympathy to you.
Hoping a treatment will become available as soon as possible.

And it’s nice you can still communicate, e.g. on this forum :slightly_smiling_face: