WOHOO! "New" Xojo Roadmap!

Thank you. It’s nice to be part of the community again. I just received a prescription for a new medication today, Maybe it will help, maybe not. I also discussed with him an experimental treatment that could reduce the pain level somewhat, but he may not be able to prescribe the drug. We also need to see what my health insurance will cover. So there’s still a little hope.

1 Like

+1 :wink:

Fingers crossed…

Thanks. My first attempt with the new medication was only a mild to moderate success, but that may be partly because of my not being able to get away from a bad trigger — the noise from workmen hammering on my roof. It’s not like there’s many places I could go to get away from the noise for an extended period of time during the pandemic — malls and movie theaters are not great choices now. I’ll try the medication on another day without hammering to see if it works better. Unfortunately, even if it works, I doubt that it will be available to me. My insurance likely won’t cover it since it’s so new, and it costs $100 US per pill.

The US healthcare system is a complete joke. $100 per pill is just ridiculous.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, which medication is this?
Some off-patent medication sold in the US are vastly overpriced compared to other countries (insulin is a prime example), some are under patent and companies can charge whatever they want and some are genuinely extremely expensive to produce.
Can give u a comparator for prices in the UK, which will largely reflect the price in many other countries - at the end of the day if it’s helpful it may work out cheaper to take a vacation abroad and procure a supply :wink:

Sorry about the slow response. I’m back in MigraineLand.

The medication is Ubrelvy, which is new and under patent. Luckily, I just changed my insurance’s prescription plan to one that will cover it. Just waiting to receive the plan ID number before I can use it. I’ll be seeing my neurologist again in a few weeks and will see if they really let me get the pills.

I don’t know if you’ve had anyone look at your teeth in relation to migraines? My brother had years of constant migraines when he was in his early 20’s. He had his wisdom teeth out, they seemed ok at the time but they cleared up his migraines almost over night.

1 Like

Thanks - admittedly not my field but had to look up this drug as had never heard of it. In fact it’s so new it’s not licenced/avaialble in the UK.

Good excuse to read up some new developments in fields unrelated to mine, so thanks! Trials on calcitonin gene related peptides from the last couple of years do look promising - hope you find this helpful!

Teeth cause a lot of problems that I wouldn’t expected. My wife had ear ache for a long time, turned out to be her teeth and not her ear.

yep
jaw/teeth possible issue
lookup tmj

We’ll, I do also have TMJ problems, although it’s not treatable (a study group of dentists discussed my case and concluded that only very invasive jaw surgery would help), its effects can be can be reduced. There’s also at present a big difference between TMJ pain and migraine facial pain in terms of location (possibly because TMJ problems more likely hit the mandibular branch of the trigeminal nerve, while migraines hit the ophthalmic and maxillary branches more), Also, the migraines have many, many more neurological symptoms than pain alone due to the multiple neural pathways they impact. (Sorry, reverting back into neuroscience teacher mode).

But thank you all for your thoughts.

FWIW, I’ve made an attempt to reconcile the current and previous Xojo Road Maps.

If I interpreted the Road Maps correctly, there are two depreciated items (Write Xojo Plugins in Xojo, Improved IDE Navigation) and one item I could not fully resolve (marked in orange). It is possible, those items I have marked as deprecated may have been implemented and not reported as implemented, and they have been pushed outside the top 10 priorities not abandoned entirely.

Road Map items should (of course) have codes, as descriptions alter over time making matching a little more difficult.

Kind regards, Andrew

and DevOps disappears sometimes ago…

1 Like

Great overview, thanks @dickey!
Xojo’s roadmap looks more like a marketing tool to me than a technical document.

It’s like Xojo Android they teased for almost a year as ‘pre-release now in testing’. That was pure marketing nonsense. The thing hasn’t reached beta state by now.

2 Likes

The unresolved one is indeed implemented. Xojo IDE is a universal build and it can build universal, intel only, or ARM only builds.

But that shows that they have no ability to build Android. Trying to setup with kotlin is a good Idea but it is more than only wrapping a bit what they have done for iOS. It is much more. It needs technical knowledge and they show: they don’t have enough to get it in a state better than Beta until now. Look on the rest: it is also not complete. IOS…WEB…