WOHOO! "New" Xojo Roadmap!

that was not the point of the question, which you did not answer, the thought is how did something that seemingly came out of thin air got to no 1, when the single biggest request is likely to be something else completely, such as bug fixing for instance.
its nothing to do with my bubble, I am not thinking so narrowly thank you very much and please do not put words in my mouth, I never suggested it was not wanted, rather it seems incongruous that there are enough iOS users to vote this to the top, if its still a user vote driven map, or maybe a map of stuff that is easy at the top so it can be ticked off quickly, who knows.

There’s nothing to see here other than feedback point voting is mostly pointless. That’s not news. Only 2 items on this roadmap are on the User Favorites Top 20 list.

1 Like

sadly that’s what I am taking from the reply I just wrote, it occurred to me while writing it that what you just said was now apparent.

Had that. Do I look like I care?

I call it like I see it. That is never going to change, because everything else means I would be corrupt and can be bought either by money or pressure or self-interest.

Yes, I paid the price at times. But the alternative would be worse.

No you don’t. It was only declarative. I am happy that there are people which are not willing to follow their idea of fanboy behavior for everybody. And yes: I see it like you.

6 Likes

likewise

For Web 2 I expect each release to have a lot of bug fixes and newer classes/controls as there is still a lot missing from Web 1 times.
And to finally ship it, they had to defer a few features to later.

I hope the web memory leak fix will work well. Case 63378 is marked fixed.

Christian I Hope you know That there are a few different Memory Problems. I bet they changed only one of them.

I have to wait for the fixed version and then I can try to see if I can still reproduce the problem I reported. You never know if there are other memory leaks.

In this case yes. Cause there are a few ways to increase memory leakage. But hope dies last. Hope they will find a way to the old usability

We all do know that Android in Xojo is not going to be workable for production for at least a year when released, so I would not put much value on the RoadMap shifts (it is a markting tool rather than a technical one).

The Web 2.0 slowness is a mistake by design in their event system so I can understand they can not give it any of their limited resources to redesign. We are now well over half a year after first release and nothing about it has happened so don’t hold your breath. ‘It runs so we can put it on the marketing list’ is probably more than enough for them for now. Quantity above quality.

It would be nice if they spend at least a couple of full cycles on the long neglected Windows/Linux platforms, but there seems to be no intention whatsoever coming from Xojo to do so.

We did also move on to another tool as we could not guarantee quality to our customs any more with Xojo. The time we have to spend on the few tools we still have in Xojo gets smaller every day as we continue to convert them and hopefully soon, we can put all of this behind us.

If only MBS could buy Xojo and inject their work ethics into the tool… :wink:

3 Likes

Wow. I’ve thought that too. +10000. Christian replies back with useful info faster than anyone I know.

2 Likes

But for that Geoff would need to have the whish to sell it. And Christian to buy it. Sadly I don’t believt to that situation.

Well, if you have Feedback, feel free to tell Geoff.

1 Like

But Geoff was not even reaching 60 so I guess he don’t want to retire in a short time

I had no idea you had such a sense of humor :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice way to treat customers with serious issues.

Xojo doesn’t seem to understand how harmful it is to their reputation when employees post in frustration (or mega-ego, or whatever, depending on the person). For me, a comment like this from an employee is 1,000,000 times worse than what they’ve banned users for posting. It doesn’t happen all that often, but it really adds up.

1 Like

Maybe it adds up but it changes nothing. That behavior shows their entire behavior to their customers and their needs. They act like there is nothing else then them and so they can do what they think is the best.

1 Like