The Xojo store is on sale!

Keep drinking the koolaide.

4 Likes

Yawn. I’ll continue making money while you whinge like adolescents.

You hope to, but a piss-poor showing and degrading quality tends to put a kink in that plan.

For the majority of the Xojo user base the last year has seen considerable numbers of changes and enhancements.

At some point you will alter your messages to not include references to the new features that you are so enamored with, it’s literally in almost every post of yours.

When I refer to pipeline of development I am talking about MY products - not Xojo.

Right, I forgot… your products. I was mistaken.

Carry on being negative - no development platform is perfect.

Yes, the beatings will continue until the quality improves.

3 Likes

So predictable. You don’t think is an acceptable level of progress over the past 12 months?

The Xojo IDE and compiled apps are native on Apple Silicon, so you can run Xojo and build apps for the new M1 Macs without the need for Rosetta

• macOS 11 SDK now used for both Intel and Apple Silicon builds
  • iOS apps now use iOS SDK 14, now required by Apple for App Store
  • DesktopColorPicker control
  • New IDE toolbar icons on macOS Big Sur
  • Graphics.Translate, Rotate, SaveState and RestoreState available in Desktop projects
  • New WebLocation class
  • Add TouchID/FaceID to your iOS apps with new iOS UserAuthentication class
  • Much faster JSON processing
  • WebFileUploader optimized to improve speed, memory and CPU usage
  • Worker Class, allowing you to take advantage of multiple CPU cores for faster data processing
  • New SearchField and DateTimePicker controls for Desktop
  • ColorGroups to make it easier to support Dark Mode on iOS
  • Graphics enhancements including LineCap, LineJoin properties and a Brush property with support for LinearGradientBrush, RadialGradientBrush, ShadowBrush and PictureBrush
  • Generate PDFs with standard graphics commands
  • API 2.0 for XojoScript and iOS
  • Updated Mobile controls, including all-new MobileMoviePlayer and MobileMapViewer
  • New iOS features such as Notifications, URL schemes, app shortcuts, modal screens, badges and more
  • Support for iOS plugins
  • Save and load compiled XojoScript to save compilation time between application sessions when your scripts don’t change
  • Draw your own Custom Headers for the Desktop listbox
  • The Linux IDE can now use OS theme control heights automatically
  • Large text projects load much faster
  • The new web framework was added for building more modern and robust web apps, along with new controls
  • HTMLViewer improvements including JavaScriptRequestEvent to allow communication with the browser

For a team limited in scale I think this is a good level of delivery.

1 Like

No Koolaide. Just think they are doing a decent job with limited resources. I have developed software this year that has more than paid for the Xojo licences required. I have a full order book for my integration product that talks to legacy ERP systems using Web 2.0 applications.

For a team limited in scale I think this is a good level of delivery.

Would not be limited in scale if quality was placed as first priority, they would be hiring due to strong demand, not withering due to diminishing sales and lack of credibility.

You don’t think is an acceptable level of progress over the past 12 months?

Post the bug list, then post the dates initially reported and duration outstanding. How many critical bugs are older then most users children? How many showstoppers and performance robbing, un-optimized half-measures where created in the effort to create this long list of almost nothing anybody asked for? How many users silenced on the official forum for simply reporting that the product is severely broken? How much of this list of shit you posted actually works as advertised, or at all?

How many more threads on the Xojo Forum need to be locked to suppress the state of the product and the customer’s struggles to cope with the ever-declining state?

API 2.0

Lol. That’s a major priority for the vast majority of users, invalidating every single prior art for absolutely no gain whatsoever.

Why don’t you take your mask off and join the conversation in good faith? Don’t you think it’s time now that the chips are down and the clock is ticking (and it certainly is whether you want to admit it or not)? Here lies a collection of the most savage of Xojo critics, who could also become the greatest of advocates if given an a crumb of REAL progress…

Come on and shock us with a genuine attempt to restore the faith in the ecosystem and demonstrate some integrity. Stop selling fucking snake oil and start working toward real mutually beneficial resolution.

2 Likes

No one said you can’t make money. People have made money selling pet rocks too. The issue is how Xojo has such a hard time shipping production level code. If Xojo could do that, all the issues would likely go away.

Other languages / platforms don’t have this issue.

Bugs happen, but it shouldn’t be this volatile.

Seems like every time you post you have a new ‘topic’ to argue but you never address poor quality, other than having another sip of the koolaide.

2 Likes

See, I got for Software written with Java more than xojo has as entire revenue. Your sentence is contentless and out of context

At some point you will alter your messages to not include references to the new features that you are so enamored with, it’s literally in almost every post of yours.

• macOS 11 SDK now used for both Intel and Apple Silicon builds
  • iOS apps now use iOS SDK 14, now required by Apple for App Store
  • DesktopColorPicker control
  • New IDE toolbar icons on macOS Big Sur
  • Graphics.Translate, Rotate, SaveState and RestoreState available in Desktop projects
  • New WebLocation class
  • Add TouchID/FaceID to your iOS apps with new iOS UserAuthentication class
  • Much faster JSON processing
  • WebFileUploader optimized to improve speed, memory and CPU usage
  • Worker Class, allowing you to take advantage of multiple CPU cores for faster data processing
  • New SearchField and DateTimePicker controls for Desktop
  • ColorGroups to make it easier to support Dark Mode on iOS
  • Graphics enhancements including LineCap, LineJoin properties and a Brush property with support for LinearGradientBrush, RadialGradientBrush, ShadowBrush and PictureBrush
  • Generate PDFs with standard graphics commands
  • API 2.0 for XojoScript and iOS
  • Updated Mobile controls, including all-new MobileMoviePlayer and MobileMapViewer
  • New iOS features such as Notifications, URL schemes, app shortcuts, modal screens, badges and more
  • Support for iOS plugins
  • Save and load compiled XojoScript to save compilation time between application sessions when your scripts don’t change
  • Draw your own Custom Headers for the Desktop listbox
  • The Linux IDE can now use OS theme control heights automatically
  • Large text projects load much faster
  • The new web framework was added for building more modern and robust web apps, along with new controls
  • HTMLViewer improvements including JavaScriptRequestEvent to allow communication with the browser

*WARNING: Meat is undercooked and past date, also derived from unknown sources.

1 Like

I’lll say this
IF the posts you’ve made here, belittling people, etc were made on TOF you’d probably get a warning or banned
You’re posting here of your own volition
If you dont like being here and seeing what others experiences with Xojo are then dont be

But stop with the demeaning posts about whining etc

5 Likes

There is a wide variety of Xojo developers.
Believe it or not, but there are quite a few people happy with what Xojo offers.

1 Like

Not feature complete, some controls dont even work as intended like the file uploader and the listbox. MANY memory leaks, imposible to open web 1 proyects, many events not avilable, etc, etc, etc.

Sure, you can have a thousand features added to a tool but what is the real value of that if everything is halfbaked and with plenty of bugs.

This was requested for like a decade…

In this list, most of the iOS features are basic for most apps. It is actually shocking that they are adding this 7 years after the initial release :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

That is SAD, Xojo cant do a better tool because it has a smal team, It has a smal team because it has not enought revenue, It has a low revenue because the tool is not as good as others…

But the direction of Xojo is just comfortable with that mediocre existence…

2 Likes

Unlikely. If that was the case then the boss would not be trying to poach business off competitors websites, crushing any spoken criticism on the official forum (and also skulking around here), in addition to absorbing most third party vendors (trying to leverage their credibility to his own ends) into the official advocacy representative roles (and on the official forum, policy enforcement duties) .

A quick survey of the general topics and subject matter posted both here and on the official forum are not consistent with a large percentage of satisfied customers. We can also factor in the large number of longstanding personalities, advocates, developers and customers who all recently stated that they have lost all faith in the product and are unwilling to employ or support it further due to mismanagement.

Then there is Markus Winter’s recent forum and search interest data that certainly confirms a rapidly declining overall interest in the product, albeit without knowing the cause.

Xojo Inc’s problems are existential, and thus also have the possible result of bringing down many related business of her customers (AND VENDORS) due to mismanagement (hence the exodus) and nobody is comfortable with building their business and investing their time on a hand full of sand. There may be many who simply have not yet discovered the issues with Xojo in its current trajectory because they are casual users or never push beyond the most basic personal project, that does not mean they can be counted as happy campers just because they have not hit their inevitable show stopper yet.

Indeed your posts are.

It is best to just ignore him/her. The jury is still out to find out who is behind these posts as, except here, there can not be found anything Xojo related by this ‘ghost’ on TOF or anywhere on the internet for that matter. It is obvious by now the posts are just copies of the Xojo marketing lingo, ignoring the shortcomings completely. A plant to discredit this forum? Fear? Can’t see another reason why he/she would only exist here…

Many of those ‘achievements’ in the list do either not work (memory leaks, critical bugs, …) and have already several feedback cases, or are Beta at best and are missing basic features. You do not especially have to read this forum to see that, reading TOF is enough. The difference here is you are allowed to be critical and are not policed.

2 Likes

Well, Christian is right here, many people that use the tool for easy task, basic apps or simply not affected by the many bugs and lack of features, could be really happy with what xojo is.

That does not means that the product it good, it only means that it is ok for many users.

longstanding personalities, advocates, developers, and users leaving Xojo more and more, that is a totally different thing. Xojo is loosing momentum, and with each forum, training, and blog of this personalities that closes, Xojo looses MUCH MORE than just a client.

Too bad some one at Xojo is too blind to not realize that.

3 Likes

Well, this week is a Xojo sale. Till Friday.
Quite a few people come back to get a current version this week.

And for our plugins offered in the Xojo Store as add-ons, we see new people and returning customers using the sale to get a current license.

1 Like

Well, Christian is right here, many people that use the tool for easy task, basic apps or simply not affected by the many bugs and lack of features, could be really happy with what xojo is.

That does not means that the product it good, it only means that it is ok for many users.

That may be true, but the more people who post here and in other blogs and comment sections around the internet, exposing the dire situation that the current trajectory takes and how moth-eaten anything beyond hello world becomes, the more new customers will consider to look elsewhere.

Every post on this forum that brings to light (in a truthful and easily verifiable way) the state of the product and its history of stringing its customers along for years with promises. Xojo has survived a long time on making promises, only to deliver a bag of unrelated and also hardly viable goods that almost nobody asked for and the boss thought was essential.

Every honest customer post exposing the poor quality and mismanagement is a black mark against the brand, every thoughtful multi-paragraph customer testimony from customers who feel they have had their concerns ignored or trust betrayed, screams HARD PASS to any new customer who is even remotely diligent. This will eventually catch up to them, it has already begun. (i.e. the purge of old posts on the official forum, gotta sweep that shit under the rug quick)

For a long time, many customers paid in-spite of this for many reasons, some to keep the tool alive, others chasing a vital fix they needed just over the horizon and still others who where so filled with dread of the prospect of having to retool their entire skill and work product base (from no fault of their own)

That decade old grace period of free money for R&D spending and unaccountably is over. Xojo will deliver a solid working core API within its published specification, starting with its desktop targets, or it will die.

It reminds me of NASA taking half a century and trillions to do what SpaceX has leapfrogged over in just a decade. Competition has a habit of smelling weakness and hunting your ass down for the kill.

1 Like

That does not mean they are ‘happy’ with Xojo. They may be forced to do so because a bug is breaking their project and they just wait for such a sale to update, to safe money, well knowing a new release will very likely break something else and the update may be of no use to them. Xojo has a bad reputation of doing this: fixing a bug, but creating a new one at the same time. ‘Testing, Testing, Testing’ should be their (only) mantra for a good amount of time now.

Most, including me (and you too I believe) would be ashamed of releasing such buggy versions to the public. Or at least do whatever is in our power to fix it FAST.

1 Like

I upgraded MBS after I stopped paying for Xojo. Eventually I stopped updating MBS since Xojo was of no longer use. :frowning:

2 Likes

I do think what sort of user affects how people expect the tool to be and what impact bugs and shortcomings have

If you’re trying to use it to earn a living then issues might be more impactful because it affects you’re ability to earn that living
If you’re using it for side projects, hobby projects that do NOT affect your living then bugs etc may not matter because you do something else or use something else to earn a living

I suspect DaveK falls into that category as his profile says he’s a realtime system engineer - he’s unlikely to be using Xojo for that work. Probably some embedded system lang like C/C++ etc

And for our plugins offered in the Xojo Store as add-ons, we see new people and returning customers using the sale to get a current license.

They have to buy your plugins Christian. Xojo has been so behind the curve chasing meaningless bullshit for so long that it is almost impossible to make anything meaningful using Xojo without also using the MBS plugins. Your entire business model has been taking up their slack, and without your contribution it would be utterly useless to anybody except middle school students in a computer lab.

Dont carry their dirty water, you are far better and more important than that IMO.

1 Like