New Xojo Forum Tactic

Ah yes I had to dig deeper to see that you couldn’t share downloads and its not just limited to no discussion, as Norman still has access I was wondering how he can do it without falling foul of that, interesting.

Just because a portion of the sales contract says you can get access to something doesn’t mean that the access cannot also be removed. While the comparison chart does mention pre-release access, the image doesn’t mention that forum access is used to get access to the pre-release. You find this out later which is why you have a 90 days cooling off period. I doubt there’s anyone involved in a banning that has passed the 90 days cooling off period without having access to the forum and thus knowing that access to pre-release can only be gained via the forum. No-one would fall into that set because to get banned from the forum you would need forum access. Therefore, as far as I can see, everyone else has zero legal grounds for following this up, but as I’m no lawyer I’d love to hear how someone gets on with a challenge to this, but I doubt that will happen or that they will publish their account of it.
Do people really lawyer up instead of/before asking for a $600-$700 refund?

They could, but they choose not to, probably because of the small percentage of users impacted and the work involved in doing that, they would also need to start including lots of other information, pdf’s etc, essentially building part of the testers channel into the account settings portion of the site, so no, I doubt that will ever happen. Norman’s request for a mute rather than a ban would solve this, but mutes aren’t mentioned on their rules as a result of a transgression so there’s no recourse on that angle, if they don’t want to offer it.

I did, see above. I believe the US has a mandatory 72 hour cooling off period after distance sales which give you time to read the small print etc and request a refund. This means companies can simplify the transaction and send you additional information after the sale. Much like in the UK where companies send through huge legal documents after you purchase something, like insurance, as they couldn’t give you all that information before hand as some of it can change based on your choises. As Xojo goes beyond this to 90 days I can’t see how any would have a leg to stand on in this regard.

It’s interesting that you quote a portion of my response then once again start talking about something that I have already answered in the past, let me find it and quote it for you, one of these days it might sink in.

I neither want nor require your vote nor your admiration in my abilities especially while you insult staff at xojo. I’m a self confessed muppet, all advice I give are lucky guesses.

Did you ask for a refund and were refused?

It doesn’t matter, a reasonable person would be able to work out that having access to something via a system that you can be banned from means that access to that something can at some point stop. Even if its not spelled out, it would be one of the questions asked if someone lawyered up on this. Access to the forum is not part of the sale either so losing access to that wouldn’t be considered.

What? You didn’t receive multiple notices and a time out from the forum before you were banned? My memory might be fading but I’m sure I recall you talking about those at the time.

Obviously not you. Ahhh the old I get to say anything response, I’ve spoken to you about this before, unfortunately you don’t get to say whatever you want due to the to the rules here. Keep ad-hom’ing me, personally I don’t mind, but others might.