Account suspended: No constructive purpose to their actions other than creating dissent within the community

But it was fun answering that - I’m also easily amused … :wink:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Awww that sucks Markus, maybe you could write an article for xDev about your apparent mistreatment? Ooops, I guess not.

I really tried to help you Markus, I was PMing you about language changes to your posts and trying to offer you advise on not getting banned, but you kept on.

You read my mind Christian, that’s exactly what I was thinking as I was clicking the little flag icon. Seems like it has nothing to do with being an MVP after all, it looks like Xojo got fed up with your attitude after all Markus.

Where’s my popcorn…

1 Like

@Varandor runs to get som popcorn…

Since Geoff loves everything to be secret it’s hard to tell, but I suspect the MVPs are doing a disservice to Xojo by not speaking up. Or they are and Geoff just rejects it all. But I suspect they keep their mouths shut to remain an MVP. It’s really a vicious spiraling circle. Markus was right about it being Putinesque. The leader is getting stories of flowers and love as the bodies pile up.

Having met Markus I have NO difficulty believing he would :slight_smile:

The “saying it to their face thing” is a distration. This is about all the friggin bugs and Geoff not able to do anything about it and then banning people over his failures.

Geoff IS on the forums. He just won’t communicate becuse he cannot correct his failures.

Maybe if the MVPs would actually do their jobs instead of protecting their status, they could get Geoff to realize the problems.

1 Like

I’m sure Geoff’s decisions are a large part driven by what he sees affecting profit margins … and maybe he does not think Xojo can ever be a mainstream product… and so he is trying to make sure it stays profitable in it’s niche?

And for that maybe he thinks expanding engineering staff needed to try to appeal to a wider professional audience would not help.

-Karen

1 Like

Have you spoken to an MVP and not had a good interaction?
What do you think their job is that they aren’t doing?
What status do you think it has for them?
How do you know that they haven’t brought this “problem” to Geoff already?

How are peoples failure to read and comprehend forum guidelines/rules suddenly a failure of Geoff’s doing?

They were initially created to help Xojo with the overwealming feedback from devs to a small group that could focus on needs. Where’s the result other than being the MVPolice?

Have you spoken to an MVP and not had a good interaction?
on numerous occasions

What do you think their job is that they aren’t doing?
see #2 posted above

What status do you think it has for them?
comes across as arrogant “I’m an MVP and you are not”

How do you know that they haven’t brought this “problem” to Geoff already?
because if there had been any public interaction (see #2 again), those would have had at least some public mention

DISCLAIMER : yeah, I’m no longer an active supporter of Xojo (the above contibuted to that), so if you think this is “sour grapes” on my part… so be it, but this is my perception and my opinion of what I consider another failed Xojo action.

2 Likes

This all happens under the hand of Geoff.

So I take that as a no, you’ve not spoken privately with an MVP about sorting out any of your issues?

Why would I? They cannot fix bugs. Only xojo can. I’ve had talks with Geoff directly and nothing changed.Geoff only wants to talk on the phone to talk me off the ledge with no solution.

I have seen Christian post about how they got to see a pre-release and comment on it like a day before. I remember asking about how they get ‘early access’. It’s a joke. The MVP thing seems just like a cover for Geoff.

Are we talking in private or publicly?

Number 2 what? The 2nd post?

You seriously think the status they have from becoming an MVP is a badge they can laude over the rest of the forum?

Not sure I understand that as I dont know what number 2 is referring to, but you haven’t seen a message from the MVP’s saying here’s what xojo was about to do, but we talked them out of it and here’s what they doing instead?

Julian,

You can distract all you want, but it comes down to Geoff’s actions.

Because that is one of the reasons they are there?

If you don’t have any issues to take up with them, then you’re must be pretty content right?

They’re not going to know your issues by osmosis…

Once I learned you HAVE to take your issues to Geoff I did. Geoff didn’t do anything to fix them other than cancel Web 1.0 and create a new buggy Web 2.0 (from what I read from complaints).

I am now content since stopped using Xojo. Geoff made that hapen. Now I use PHP.