Account suspended: No constructive purpose to their actions other than creating dissent within the community

As someone who relied on the success of Xojo for the success of my own business for nearly 20 years I admit to sometimes having to be a cheerleader, or being a moderate voice, when I didn’t necessarily believe in 100% of what I was saying. Christian depends (at least partially) on Xojo, and is an MVP, and is doing what any good business owner that depends on another business does - publicly be cheery and optimistic and behind the scenes try and change what they can. I can’t fault him for that.

4 Likes

Thanks.
I don’t rant on the forum.

I can call Xojo people and complain directly.
And we have some discussions in the MVP area.

This must be one of the biggest advantages of being an MVP.

2 Likes

I don’t feel that the “rants” (as you call them) in any way portray an inaccurate view of Xojo as a company and especailly of Xojo management. Perhaps a bit impassioned, but certainly not inaccurate.

As to the MVP calling Xojo directly… this in no way helps the community in general, and obviously does no good either, as nothing has changed for the better, and overall thing have declined further.

I have yet to see any evidence that the MVP program has done even 1% of what it was supposedly created for

2 Likes

It would be contraproductive to rant yes. And I would also not if being in your place

1 Like

It is hard to know what, if any, effect MVPs have on Xojo overall esp since that might be private

Publicly there doesnt seem to be much, if any.

3 Likes

My understanding was that the MVP program was to create a team of community members that acted as a liason between the community in general and the people inside Xojo. To me this would be evidneced by public posting between members and MVP showing the questions, the responses etc.

I have seen zero evidence of this. The only actions of the MVP seems to be that of “Forum Nazi” or in the case of most of the MVP… just a “HEY I’m an MVP and you are not” with no benefit to the community

3 Likes

I never expected that. MVP is only a vip position in front of the company

I would assume you got this impression from:
https://www.xojo.com/mvp/

“2. To facilitate communication with the Xojo community. The MVPs are there to help us get the word out about things going on at Xojo and also to help the community make sure we are hearing what’s going on with them.”

I’d assume the same as you @DaveS

2 Likes

Yeah, if I had been asked to be an MVP I would have said no to this. Full stop. Such a dumb idea to let the MVP’s police the forums. Rather than advocating for users they’re put into the position of advocating for the company which is the opposite of the intent.

5 Likes

MVP ≠ Moderators

1 Like

Yet some of the MVP’s do this. I think it’s a bad idea.

Some MVPs are also Forum Moderators
Christian isn’t one of those - he’s JUST an MVP and NOT a moderator

I think moderation should be 100% handled by the company.

3 Likes

Sadly they seem to want as little to do with the Forums as possible
Their staff don’t seem to participate very much any more

1 Like

Well, staff has work to do. Some participate where they see fit.

Just be kind and polite. Think twice before you submit a posting, e.g. would you say that to the same person if you sit next to them at a conference?

You may not want to be the king of flags and jump the latter of suspension levels.

1 Like

Oh Gosh! Have I been too harsh??? :scream:

For the record, I’m also an extremely sarcastic sod and don’t suffer fools gladly - but I would challenge anyone about what is harsh about pointing out the obvious that testing the suggested solution would have been easier and faster than asking another long question. Because frankly he was wasting people’s time. So maybe next time he listens … not that it seems likely …

:bulb:: Maybe they should ban people for time wasting? :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I (and others) have on at least three occasions called out Christian for comments that seemed wide off the mark in their support for Xojo - so yes, I think his business being tied to Xojo’s success has an influence.

The only reason I can see for doing this (as he never did it before as far as I recall) is that he knows a bit more about the situation with Xojo than we do - which would not be surprising as he sells plug-ins for it and therefore has a bit of a “pulsometer” on Xojo’s health. So him commenting that my comment to the original question could be bad enough “to break the camels back” is another WTF moment for me. And a reason to be more concerned about Xojo a la “if THAT is a problem then thin-skinned is a massiv understatement” …

So Carsten, am I “stupid”? Maybe. But I try to understand how things and people work, why they act like they act, look at supporting evidence and put it in context.

You spout obscenities and insults and feel morally superior for it.

Thankfully I have a sense of irony that keeps me endlessly amused … :rofl:

You bet.

To me, no, I have learned your “language”, but others may not understand…
Anyhow, one should not get banned just for having a sod attidtude, as long as you are
helping others.

Probably, I get how tiresome ignorant users can be. and somethimes there is just no way around beaing a
sod as you say.

PS! I was not really criticizing you btw!