Xojo is NOT entirely M1 Native

Exactly. Would have been very easy to state. The thing that angers/frustrates me most about Geoff/Xojo is the compulsion he has to “dumb things down” for users. This is shortsighted and insulting. He says on the forum that “some users won’t know what a linker is, and we don’t want to confuse them”. Well guess what - that’s how people learn! When I run across a term I don’t know, I research it - I mean, there is this thing called Google, you know. The most egregious example for me personally is the deprecation of “append”, where GP specifically stated that he thinks a lot of people don’t know what the word means. Ugh.

5 Likes

Clinton, too. If he’d just admitted to having gotten a blowjob in the WH, most people would have forgiven him, but he lied repeatedly before finally confessing.

2 Likes

But he was confessing. That is the difference.

I’ve known what an append is since I was a little kid when my sister had to go into hospital to get her’s removed

1 Like

But if you didnt new users wouldnt know what it is :stuck_out_tongue:

Append is a standard english word … I suspect those that are english speaking and don’t know in general would not be very interested in coding…

Maybe Xojo loves the poorly educated customers? :wink:

-Karen

1 Like

They do focus on people who are NOT programmers by training - but need to do it for work (citizen developers)
But I dont think that means much - if you need to code you learn the language to talk about coding with people who have been doing it. Same as if you want to learn chemistry. You learn from people who have been doing it and you use those terms. They are WELL KNOWN by everyone who does it already.

Changing that language means people who have been doing it now get just as confused by the language as those who are learning it

But hey … its all good … we can all relearn it all together !
Or not :stuck_out_tongue:

That is me… But I knew what append meant before i wrote my first line of code back in the 70’s! It’s a word used outside of coding you know!

BTW loving the poorly educated was a reference to the previous US president! :wink:

2 Likes

:scream:
Nooooo !!!
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

un nu?

Maybe someone changes the title of this conversation to “Xojo is entirely M1 native with 2021r1.1”?

No
At the time this thread was started this WAS indeed the case

Start a new thread maybe ?

2 Likes

Done. Please join the new party here: