Xojo Hmmmm šŸ¤”

Well, those two threads fell flat.

what you want to say with fell flat?

means no one cared to answer.

The XDC thread is interesting. There are plans going to the Harry Potter shop in London.
Magic wands for code quality improvement?

well everyone is clever enough to know that it would be their last answer on TOF. At least mine would.

2 Likes

I wanted to know if he thinks that this is a news for us. Nobody wants to answer. While answering is lost time.

Yes, i was wondering too. Was expecting Genius to invite to ā€œMadame Tussaudsā€. So that everyone can see how a copy of Steve Jobs is created from his face. But the time would probably be too short.

1 Like

@anon72844311 has set a few things straight with the stable genius. Good job!

Torsten you made my Day. Code quality Improvement. Wahaahahahaha

1 Like

Muhahahahahahaha. I just have no idea! :rofl:

1 Like

Thatā€™s normal for narcists that they donā€™t understand it. Believe me, Iā€™m a narcist! :slight_smile:

Okay if you are one, am I also one? I am asking for a friend!

Iā€™m nicer! :slight_smile: - you canā€™t be one, a narcist would never ask. A narcist knows it, everday, every second!

Shit. I tried to do sarcasm and again it was not working :slight_smile:

As you can imagine, we started working on the web framework long before we released it.

As you know, things take time at Xojo, this work must have started in the Pleistoceneā€¦

On the eighth day, God created Realbasic together with Genius.

Now all you have to do is understand the story of Remus and Remolus and how and why Steve Jobs I and Steve Jobs 2 parted ways.

If you shoot for the stars, you usually at least land in the trees.

With Wernher von Braun, it was ā€œā€¦but sometimes I hit London.ā€

Edit: quote is from TOF. The appearance of replying to MGD was accidental. :slight_smile:

1 Like

uhā€¦ he isnā€™t sureā€¦ not so stable genius then?
He still does not get itā€¦ after allā€¦

Did you ever encounter other grandiose narcissists?
Iā€™ve met a number in professional live. These people would rather die than acknowledging that they committed some fundamental error or misjudgement. This would clash with the ā€˜geniusā€™ self-perception.
As @Jeannot said, it is a condition.
Having such a person in a ā€˜I report to no oneā€™ position is a recipe for disaster.

1 Like

It isnā€™t so that he does not get. What we are not getting is that his targetsare not our Targets. If he would have the target to improve Xojo for professional programmers he would have decided different in case if release model and so on.

I doubt that he is not getting all of this. Because he knows that he has a payroll and that he needs to generate money. And that works best with sales. And sales works best with new customers. Thatā€™s a chain. Breaking it will kill.

According to this principle there is no chance to do any changes which are costing the time for implementing new features. So there is the best a rapid release model and thatā€™s it.

I doubt that he is acting as a narcissist. That may be so, I am not a psychiatrist. But beside that money drives it. If he is in his head Steve jobs ā€¦ Who knows.

When and if he would decide to rebuild the release model he could come back to a professional status. But I doubt he will spend the manpower for it.

And so we are caught in the rapid release model, too less man power and too many bugs. That will not change without man power. And this circle canā€™t be broken apart.

2 Likes