Xojo Cannot Build Catalina-compatible macOS Apps from the Windows IDE

That I agree with.

I don’t think that’s it… If anyone else did that would they have gotten suspended? I don’t think so.

IMO it was because they think you were rousing the rabble about this… maybe to get back at them for letting you go?

I don’t think they realize how many long time users are significantly unhappy about a number of things.

-Karen

1 Like

You’re probably right which is a shame because we are numerous and we are vocal.

1 Like

And sometimes I am more vocal than I should be (politically :slight_smile: ). But I have found the only way to affect change, is to attempt to let someone know change is required… But then that assumes they listen… Which recent history has shown to not be the case.

I watched an interview with Stacy Abrams (sp?) the other night
And she said something that rang true

It was “I learned early on that if I didn’t stand up for myself no one else would”

She was referring to her experience as a young black woman in the south
But that is true in life for everyone

Apparently, from what little I can glean, it wasnt for comments on the Xojo forum
I asked for some clarity but so far have not had a response about what it is that lead to my being removed

I cant help but feel I have been singled out for this action for what reasons I do not understand

This has come up a number of times on the Xojo Forum.

It has
And to be honest I never gave a shit (yeah I know bad norm)

Now having to explain to my Windows using cohorts that to try ANYTHING x-platform they HAVE to not just have a mac in the office but they actually have to code there and test there because remote debug wont work …

I’m pretty sure the reply is a german version of “You’re kidding ?”

“Machst Du Witze?”

OK that DEFINITELY wasnt it :slight_smile:
It was more like something something something Scheisse

when somebody “Scheisse”
isn’t that when you respond with “gesundheit”?

I guessed as much, but I thought I’d give the polite translation first. :smiley:

More rude translations would be either

• “Willst Du mich verarschen?”
  • “Was ist denn das für eine Scheiße?”

<End of German lesson> :wink:

The second one sounds MUCH more familiar

Calling Geoff arrogant is not an “ad hominem” attack because it’s true. Suspending Dave and Norman is more than childish.

1 Like

Beatrix … :slight_smile: I consider myself a well educated man… but to be honest I had to look that phrase up online to know what it meant … I wonder at people who have to resort to obscure phrases such as that one when attempting to rebutt a comment made by someone else…

Fully agree. Arrogant AND condescending I think were mentioned.

Xojo keeps shooting themselves in the foot.

You are/were a very valuable asset in the forum.

2 Likes

:scream: :scream: :scream:

I can think of no one that has been more helpful than you. I might as well not even bother visiting the forum.

1 Like

The “tone” of any communications I have with Xojo always leaves me feeling like they consider me their enemy to be vanquished

Nothing could be further from the truth and certainly isnt my intention

This suspension isnt even on a rule they have posted
So how else should I feel when they appear, from my perspective, to make up rules just to ban me ?

I’ve asked for clarification on which posts violated this new rule etc but so far have not had a reply

1 Like

Well it is, in fact, whether it’s true or not.