XDC “Pausing”

More like they ask us all the time to come there the least we can do is send one person
So I went whether I paid for it or they did
Damned glad I did

1 Like

I come bearing stealth polar bears :upside_down_face:

We were happy for you to join the conference.
And I hope to see a lot of people again in London.

Except the Xojo Team which would not be really happy about it. Don’t forget: they are not accepting for forum. What do you think? That they will be happy for a conference? No, I doubt that. Totally.

Oh I have no doubt that if I arrived inLondon there might be people who would not be happy to see me

Do I really care about that ? Not really

But I have NO reason TO be there - so I wont be unless client(s) insist

1 Like

The bizarre thing is there doesn’t appear to be any natural conversation on the Xojo Forum about the end of XDC, or have I missed some threads?

1 Like

Remaining Xojo users should have learned by now what becomes banned and what doesn’t. Maybe nobody is interested in it, or maybe everyone is waiting paralyzed for Android or is busy testing.

2 Likes

If nobody really cares?

3 Likes

Na there is only for this year no XDcin america planned but maybe next year.

1 Like

There are various reasons US attendees skip a conference in London:

• Inconvenience to get a passport.
  • Inconvenience to plan trip outside the country.
  • May not get approved by employer as business trip because it’s out of country.
  • Price of transatlantic flights being higher than within US.

Which on the other side made it possible for a ton of people to come to our German conferences:

• Can just drive there or take a train. No airplane needed.
  • Can meet people in my language which may not be English as e.g. several Germans, French, Dutch, Spanish people show up regularly.
  • No need for passport within European Economic Area.
  • Employer may approve/pay a local trip easier.

Which all applies to people for the London XDC if they come from England. And for the hotel, you can just stay in the one across the street for half the price.

And I did pitch to Xojo to go to e.g. Netherlands instead of UK as that allows more people to just come by train/car easily. For London someone from Germany basically has to book a flight.

One could go by train, but it’s quite a trip.

I really hoped that more people would have a pilot’s license here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We could fly but be sure it is not cheaper either. Per hour the citation needs around 120 l. Not cheap at all you could go with Lufthansa for that price I guess

We’ll try that this time.

But the train from where I live through the tunnel costs about double the money of the flight.
So it’s more for the experience of a long tunnel.

1 Like

Hey, Monkeybread goes underseas. Also an Event if it is the first time. The tunnel is impressive itself especially when you realize that above you is the sea.

1 Like

Although while passing through it, it’s just like any other tunnel. Not much to see or remark on.

1 Like

I always thought it would be cool to look up and see the channel from below as you pass through.

1 Like

The idea is cool, but it is unfortunately overtaken by reality :frowning: You would see nothing but darkness, sand and mud. The channel is not an atoll in the South Seas with clear sun-drenched water.

1 Like

Finally the topic is getting some attention in TOF:
https://forum.xojo.com/t/why-xdc-is-not-attractive-to-people/74806

Here’s a screenshot of the OP. Just in case it may get deleted…

3 Likes

It is not hybrid because they are not even trying to do a hybrid event. How can they get that amount of money for online members? I guess they are thinking in that wise. And the high prices: while Xojo does not want to pay anything for it. When I am invited as a Speaker I never have to pay. Only at Xojo Events I have to pay half? Sorry with that concept you may not get the best ones.

And as add-on: yes the locations smelling like old man gatherings. That made my day while it IS true. But there is a problem. Calculating that kind of events so that Xojo has not to pay one Dollar and makes even a few Dollar from it is arts. And that they want: Marketing for free. And then in the beginning they want to sell the Events Videos. WOW.

I would want to ask: why not an Online Event? That would work and I guess:more people would be there and nobody would have to travel to England.

2 Likes