XDC “Pausing”

No ?
Wasnt it easier to get to / from the continent before Brexit than after ?

Yes it was cause there was the freedom of Europe and that is ended but it makes no difference cause you’ll need passport now and before only your ID. That’s annoying

UK was never in Schengen. EU citizens could come to UK with their countries ID card as an alternative to a passport though.

If you’re on a train you know when you’re getting close to London… first there’s the increase in graffiti and litter and then come the corpses with knives sticking out of them.

AH ok
So Brexit has made it more onerous togo from Europe to UK and back
It used to be nice & simple here - no passport just a drivers license etc & you could go to the USA and back
Now we need passports
:man_shrugging:

okay you are Canadians…that is dangerous…steath bears…skiing…James Bond?

Bond was just a stealth polar bear in disguise

good cover huh ?

for me… since I am from Malaysia, I need to show passport at destination and get it chopped anyway… and for Richard… they just look at it…

it was a pleasure to meet you in London back in 2015 and once or twice in Koblenz and Berlin.

Have to say I did meet a lot of great folks through the years at conferences

2 Likes

Yes but for people from Europe conferences in US are not really interesting. I would not invest 2500 $ with Hotel, Flight, Conference fee and restaurants for a two day conference with Xojo People. I must say: it is less expensive with more interesting Speakers to go to Java conferences and even them we have directly in Germany. In Frankfurt, Berlin, Munich, Jena and so on. And there I had also meetings with marvelous guis, yes, no question. But I never had the Idea wo invest that amount of money for a conference. It makes no sense in my eyes to travel such way. Even going to London is always really expensive, my last Lodon Trip was with Flights and Hotel expensive like US. If you don’t want to fly with the cheapest Airline…and that I don’t want cause I don’t like Ryanair…you have to pay much for a simple flight to London.

2 Likes

have you seen this? you own the tower in London… Norman Tower :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Norman Castle Tower I guess you mean?

Yes I believe this is one reason the # of people attending any Xojo conference from Europe was very low

So, I went to a conference in Koblenz and had a great time and met a lot of people who WOULD go to another European country for such a get together.
I dont recall if this was the first time a “Xojo person” had been to one of the conferences but I got the impression it was. And attendance showed (as Christian noted in another post)

That Xojo didnt decide to do anything until I forced the issue & mostly paid for my own attendance was puzzling to me

:+1:
Heck I apparently ran swathes of France too - Normandy :stuck_out_tongue:

And there was the “Norman invasion” of the UK as well :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I got the information that a Norman invasion of Bavaria will come up. I hope the Bavarians can stand this.

2 Likes

Well, as we at INN are saying: no need for physical presence we can do it virtually, we could make the event online :wink: - Both of us connected via from a beer garden around Munich :slight_smile:

2 Likes

very true, but you still did not need a passport to travel to the UK from Europe. At least not from most countries, I think there were some exceptions.

1 Like

We survived Joe, we survived Donald, we survived Donald’s daughter, I guess we are well prepared for Norm :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup, before Joy and I were married she needed a Schengen Visa for Europe and a UK visa for the UK. Once we were married, she didn’t need a UK visa anymore. I always bring the marriage certificate incase we get questioned, but we never did. Might be different now since Brexit.

Hedgehog in pocket?