Who’s looking forwards to XDC online?

I provided my Keynote to Dana before the due date, but have not heard whether they plan to distribute it. I certainly have not been asked to provide a video version of my presentation, so I assume the other speakers are the same ie don’t expect non-Xojo talks.

1 Like

Would you consider recording your presentation anyway? I find it much more useful to see the speaker than just read the slides. You could pop it on YouTube. Might as well - you’ve already done the work creating the slides.

1 Like

Here is a copy of my presentation with me talking along:

http://happs.webappdevelopments.com/videofiles/How%20to%20write%20an%20application%20for%20everywhere%20720p.m4v

1 Like

Hi David, thanks for that but the sound is so low (even with my volume on max) that I can’t hear it?

Thank you @DavidCox but I’m not sure it’s working. I see this when I try to play it in Safari:

and I also can’t hear anything. I tried to download the video but Safari is timing out. Maybe put it on YouTube?

It works for me (in Chrome), though I did have to turn up the computer volume to almost max to hear it adequately.

The server this is on is probably bandwidth limited. The video started buffering after a little while. I’m downloading the video now and it says it will take ~45 minutes for 786 MB.

Yep - it’s working Chrome. The sound is a little quiet but OK for me with my iMac volume cranked up. I’ll download it now unless @DavidCox you’d rather put it on YouTube so we don’t kill your bandwidth allowance!

It’s on my home server so bandwidth is not an issue, but I’ll place it on my public server and send Dana a link.

1 Like

Geoff’s keynote just dropped on YouTube: link.

I’m keen to see what the view count is.

Ooohhhhhhh

Join Geoff Perlman for a live Q&A on Friday, March 27th at 1pm (Central Time). We will post the link to join at https://forum.xojo.com on Friday

The Link to the Android Presentation was show at the end of Geoffs Keynote, but it’s still private :frowning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQBe-Cp-0x8

What’s the odds your questions get answered @npalardy? :smirk:

I’ve asked so many
Lord knows :slight_smile:

I have many things I want to ask but if this is going out in front of the whole web - surely they’ll censor it? That’s one thing I liked about the actual XDC was that you could ask frank questions in a closed room environment. Hopefully I’ll be proved wrong.

Saw the keynote…

I would like to know more about teh details of teh worker class… more specifically about how information is passed back…

For cases where a lot of info is being returned to teh main app, IMO what is needed for high performance is a way to use shared memory…

But with it being sent through an IPC socket the data is essentially being copied… Unnecessary CPU and memory use that can matter in some situations.

Better than no support, but not ideal. Let’s see what the details will be.

-karen

You saw kems comment

My understanding is that workers will come after r1.

No real Web 2.0 information other than they’re really excited and a video is coming “soon”. Also, no promise that it’s in the next release…

Workers are the thing I’m most looking forward to
But, as kem noted, he said “after R1” which, if true, I then have to ask WHY show it off as if its in the next release ? ???
The rest still seems couched in too much “in the future …” to be sure when its coming

We wont know until we see a release I guess

1 Like

I was “anxious” and excited :slight_smile:

Now I feel sad. More of the: you will eventually, someday, perhaps maybe have this and that available.