When not behind the keyboard... hobbies

And you are right, writing code is also an amazing hobby. There is something special about hitting the keyboard and getting the computer to automagically do stuff that others pay for.

1 Like

I always thought it would be fun to get a Gromā€¦ but I think how I picture it in my head would be rather different from reality :slight_smile:

I had the chance to ride a Grom, those things are FUN FUN FUNā€¦ for 30 minutes.

that is too funny!

Kind of reminds me of something my friend said one time. He said, encourage others to buy the things that you want to try out :smiley:

That IS my plan in action!

A friend of mine owns a motorcycle dealership so I get to play with all sorts of bikes :slight_smile:

any chance your friend can be my friend too? :smiley:

My youngest brother passed away last year so I inherited his bike:

https://freeimage.host/i/hector-bmw-amarilla.JzYwf1

I donā€™t ride this one that much though, itā€™s more a memory pice than a bike.

I am sorry for your loss. I would do the same, keeping it as a memento to admire would be more than rewarding than riding it.

Iā€™m sure! He is a great guy. And as Iā€™ve heard before: I have never disliked anyone who likes motorcycles :slight_smile:

Motorcyle riders are really like a brotherhood. Except for the HD guys, they are snobs LOL

HD guys are a different bread all together and I agree, motorcycling is brotherhood. Nothing more satisfying than passing another rider and giving the two finger way.

now with the above said, motorcycle forums are a different storyā€¦

advrider.com is not that bad.

I have not come across that forumā€¦ will definitely review it. Forums I have visited before tend to be more manufacture / make specific where peopleā€™s biasā€™s can ruin a conversation.

I know what you mean. I used to hang out on apriliaforum.com when I owned an aprilia Tuono, those guys are ā€œspecialā€.

1 Like

Seems we have a lot of hobbies in common. I ride a 2004 Kawasaki Concours (great for a big guy: Iā€™m 6ā€™5"). Iā€™m a big fan of touring, but occasionally I wrestle the big beast around the track.

I also do a lot of photography for the club I belong to, the Concours Owners Group http://cog-online.org and edit the club magazine, The Concourier. Some of my work for the club is on display at SmugMug https://gallery.edpalmer.me/COG.

2 Likes

oh wow! I have heard ALOT of great things about Concours (I believe bikes and beards had a segment on it!)

If I had the budget for something like a Concours, I would defiantly consider it. what I liked about the Vulcan S is how adjustable the seat position is as well as the foot control adjustments for its price point.

And I thought I had a rough time wrestling the K1200R around the track!

The Concourse is one comfortable ride to say the least, and has lots of power too.

Are all the pictures in the gallery yours? (as in did you capture them)

oooo. question, because I never did track days. I notice in your photos that painters tape is used to cover the lights and mirrors? are lights a distraction on the course?

Itā€™s in case you crash, so debry is not left at the track

Now days I donā€™t tape the lights of my bike, and itā€™s running H7 bulbs plus a pair of extra lights on the side. I get to do stuff like that since Iā€™m the old fart at the track LOL

thank you for explaining.

For me, I could get away with to having no light during day timeā€¦ but to cover the mirrors, that would induce paranoia for me.