What do you like about the Xojo 2020 r1.2 IDE?

This could be an OS dependant. Mac users are more used to this

This is about the API 2?

It is more about the IDE than the language itself. Xojo is the slowest of all the IDES I ever used (with less features)

This is true BUT also is a problem when you want to create new Properties or constants. The IDE REALLY SLOWS you dow, heavy use of the mouse instead of writing them

In the sense the navigator was separate but it didn’t explore code. That feature I really like.

[quote=“ivan, post:61, topic:1332”]
is a problem when you want to create new Properties or constants. The IDE REALLY SLOWS you down, heavy use of the mouse instead of writing them[/quote]

Suggeston / Feature request:
Add an Import button who will create (in a Class / Module / Window / App / where it can/have to be done) whatever Properties / Constants you defined in a Text Editor (TextEdit / WordPad, whatever) and save as Text.

Pro or Against Floating Palettes ?
Not a real question: set a Preference and let the user decide for itself. :wink:

Try the keyboard shortcuts. Cmd-Alt-P for properties, Cmd-Alt-C for constants, Cmd-Alt-M for methods. You can also assign your own because these are in the Insert menu.

This could be a workaround. But it will be better to have the ability to edit them as plain text. either the complete class or at least, an option to edit constants, properties, enums, structures.

1 Like

You can also assign your own because these are in the Insert menu.
Yeah - you’re welcome
Thats one I added as well :stuck_out_tongue:

This could be a workaround. But it will be better to have the ability to edit them as plain text. either the complete class or at least, an option to edit constants, properties, enums, structures.

You kind of can but its not obvious
So its never been documented that I know of that its even possible

No Yvan, a workaround is what I’ve done years ago:

Export the project as XML,
add the constants there,
Save,
Import the XML project.

And I was happy to think that instead of following the Mouse way… :wink:

2 Likes