What are considered stable versions of Xojo

I have that too.

I think I had an issue with that version on machines w/o the 3rd patch. I do have it as a stable version in my list, but had a note that there was some issue with some XP machines.

mmmm, I imagine those people not upgrading XP to SP3 must be generating you enough income to consider their needs.

JSONItem may have a leak currently, which is annoying.
But otherwise I can use it for projects here.

I have a car, the engine is fucked, which is annoying.
but otherwise I can use it for fuck all here.

sorry Christian for the language, but what you have posted speaks exactly to the attitude that is (in my own opinion) why xojo does as little as it can to fix what are super major issues for many.

what if someone has their licence run out now, before this is fixed, they are screwed and their product is useless.

I don’t even know why this bothers me anymore, no one gives a shit about it and your comment seems to suggest that it will get fixed and then we all will be happy, but not if your licence is ended.

I was going to write a whole load of other stuff but, fuck it, sadly no one cares what I, or anyone else thinks or says about xojo, its an ex-parot.

3 Likes

:slight_smile: - I mostly serve in-house apps; and yes, my “customers” range all the way from 3.11, 95 , XP, and 2000. Win7 machines in the lab are considered a “luxury”. I don’t give a rats-ass about 3.11 or 95; but XP and 2000 are the majority of the machines I code for in the labs. I do like supporting some colleagues that have Win10 and Linux much better.

3.11 and 95 ! Wow !

That is brilliant - an excellent analogy. More and more I see in TOF this constant energy to keep applying more and more lipstick to any pig they find. At first I thought like how could all these people be so blind to just common sense stuff, why keep covering the warts. But now it is actually very amusing to see how the try to up each other in the amount of lipstick they apply to the pig (and then the perfume, and then the dress, and the shoes, and so on). But at the end of the day guess what; it is still a pig (no matter how you try to dress it). And I see that everyone is pretty much resigned to the way it is. Not sure if you remember the channel they opened for “Bugs”. It mostly goes silent now because none of things reported there got fixed. And what happened to that new amazing feedback app; the one that would actually work and would not require re-installing a new version every time a new Xojo release came out and worked in every platform because it was web-based so that it did not disenfranchised even a single user; nah that sucker is tucked away so deep that it may never see the light of day.

Darn it, and here I was trying to figure out what newer Xojo version I should try and amped up about it, and Christian had to go with the lipstick approach and then you with the car analogy and I am back to screw the whole thing; why even bother with the freaking Barbie (don’t matter how many accessories you add to it; it is still lacking the brains).

Crap, back to my hole.

1 Like

Wasnt it going to be a showcase for Web 2 ?
Thats it hasnt appeared yet says a lot

1 Like

haha, yes, lipstick on a pig!
pig = xojo
lipstick = monkeybread

1 Like

I must qualify that monkey bread is the best lipstick ever made and if I had to use lipstick that’s the lipstick that I would use.

if that analogy is not clear, Christians offerings are without doubt a major reason xojo still exists and why it will keep alive for a while longer than it would without those offerings. 5 stars for MBS unreservedly.

3 Likes

Or just do the smart thing, and move to Swift… its not only FREE, easy to learn, but it also keeps up very well with changes to macOS/iOS and tvOS… oh and did I mention its $299 less expensive than Xojo (and $598 cheaper if you want iOS) … and oh yeah… it doesn’t even DO AppleTV

So anyone doing developement for any Apple platform does NOT need any version of Xojo (nor, sorry Christian, MBS plugins)… and it does M1 also… And if I didn’t say it before… .Hey… ITS FREE

Java with Gluon mobile does Desktop, Mobile and with Cuba platform Web. For the same price like xojo you’ll have cross ölatform instead of Mac only

That does not fulfill, or even scratch, the cross-platform people needs.

If someone wants to be “Apple centric”, he should never touch Xojo or other tools, and be a Swift/Obj-C dev. If someone wants to be multi-platform, he should run away from Swift/Obj-C.

1 Like

Please take a moment to read the post I was responding to… I never said Swift was a cross-platform solution…

“Anyone doing macOS developement”… infers non-crossplatform requirements

My point was using Swift for macOS developement (again NOT cross platform) was (in my opinion) a better choice that Xojo 2021r1.1… which Christian seems to infer is the ONLY way to go… And for the record Swift is MY tool of choice for macOS… but there are other tools, which are being used with great success by other developers

Many Xojo users are “Apple centric”

Lots of Xojo users NEVER use it for x-platform development
Lots are Windows Only, or mac only

1 Like

That is surprising, particualry for Windows!

-Karen

while one of the selling points is/was x-platform a bunch use Xojo instead of VB6 since VB6 is now pretty much dead
VB6 apps run but trying to work on them is really a pain on Windows 10 and installing the IDE is getting nearly impossible

The only motivation for me, to choose Xojo for anything, instead of better “more native” to “put-a-name-here OS” tools, was being multi-platform. Usually Windows guys keeps focusing on C#, macOS guys on Swift (was Obj-C), Linux guys on C++ or Pascal.
Xojo got macOS users because Obj-C was a pain in the past and Xojo was kind of a RAD IDE, a very simplified RAD, but RAD.