TOF: Xojo, not electron

You’re surprised ?
Even when you wrote stats from their feedback tool, their press releases etc you’re the one not dealing in facts ?

So predictable

Course not.

After the Russian Foreign Minister said the Ukrainians are bombarding themselves nothing surprises me anymore - certainly not Xojo pretending the stated and confirmed facts are misinformation.

I just wonder if they feel a tiny little bit ashamed … somewhere …

ROTFL

Unlikely at all

After all yer just a troll (or some other label they stuck on you)

Same Xojo censoring what they don’t like as misinformation rather than facing the truth.

Hopefully those people who didn’t remember or know what happened are building the correct picture now.

Holy crap that thread. You’re totally right Tim is literally only using xojo as an uploader and IS concerned about xojo enough that he was thinking of moving his uploader to livecode or something else. I suggested he keep using xojo for this until it breaks since at least it’s working.

It’s amazing how Geoff is trying to twist a slight bit of something true to protect Geoffs image and then get his staff to label it as misinformation. INSANE

Unfortunately, the last year or so has taught me that nothing should surprise me about Geoff protecting his deluded ego or how deluded he is.

Tim’s website would lead me to think he was now fully invested in NetSuite but used Xojo for one small project to try it out again.

That is exactly correct.

Wonder if they would correct their own misinformation….

No way. Geoff is way to Trumpie to be truthful. He takes a tiny bit of truth and streaches it until unidentifyable. It really sucks as Xojo could be so much more, but he just won’t allow it.

Xojo (the product) could be great if the company (Xojo Inc) allowed it

2 Likes

I wonder what Tim thinks about that:

It looks like Tim wrote what he thinks about Xojo:

I have several reasons for distributing it this way, but my primary motivation is that I want to encourage NetSuite developers who aren’t familiar with Xojo to give it a try and see what it is capable of. If you’ve never used a rapid application development (RAD) / low-code tool before, or used one that has the ability to create cross-platform solutions, then I think you’re in for a pleasant surprise.

Source: NetSuite: SuiteTransmit Released

My question is more whether he appreciates being put in front of Xojo’s PR waggon for a rather unsophisticated and simple little utility - which is not really a good look for either.

Yes, Xojo can easily create Q&D apps, everyone agrees on that. The problems come as you progress … by which time you have invested a lot of time and money already.

I developed SuiteTransmit so that my NetSuite development work would be more efficient, and so that I could use my preferred development tool (BBEdit).

Uh BBEdit ???
:stuck_out_tongue:

This particular piece is, from what I understand, something Tim said he could have written in just about any other language he knows.
He happened to use Xojo for it.

From what I know I think he was fully aware that this was going to occur

Well, I had a few simple (and free) utilities which were surprisingly successful - call me old-fashioned but I wouldn’t want to be show-cased for those, and I’m NOT even a professional developer.

Maybe I’m a suspicious sod but I do wonder what the motivation was behind Xojo’s decision - after all it is nowhere near the complexity or sophistication of Tim’s previous Xojo works, it is quite simple (so not enhancing either his nor Xojo’s reputation though it might have made a nice beginner’s tutorial), and it doesn’t really show off Xojo’s capabilities (but then it doesn’t show off its problems either) … considering Tim’s capabilities it feels like a classical composer being showcased for a ringtone (and I can’t see a composer appreciating that), so I suspect it might have to do more with Tim doing it after his rather public departure - in short: I can’t imagine it being showcased if it was showcased by most other Xojo users …

But maybe that’s just me …

Tell me, Xojo isn’t based in Russia, is it? :laughing: :grin:

Hahaha.

“Using Xojo to make NetSuite development more efficient” - it’s a file uploader!

I’m sure it helps Tim do what he needs but as a marketing ploy by Xojo it seems quite a stretch.

1 Like

Especially since Xojo makes it look in their own blog post like it was all rainbows and unicorns and conveniently omitted any concerns he already had about Xojo Inc. in previous blog posts like https://timdietrich.me/blog/xojo-thoughts-2021-11/:

After attending XDC in May of that year, my excitement started to diminish quite a bit. I was disappointed by what appeared to be a lack of progress from the prior annual conference. I was concerned by changes that were being made internally at Xojo as a company. I was worried that I had bet my business on Xojo, and that the platform - and company - might not be as stable as I had thought.

1 Like

Yah think ?