The state of Xojo in 2020

I would think most people using Xojo very lightly (like myself) are mostly happy with it. But that doesn’t mean what they deliver is right. Customers pay for a service, and the sevice they provide is getting worse every time, to some extent (concerning the increaseing number of bugs, some of which affect many people like the problems with the IDE).

I love Xojo, actually LOVE IT and dont want to go anyplace else… I want to see it get fixed, thrive and continue to earn a living from using it for a very long time.

I love Xojo, actually LOVE IT and dont want to go anyplace else… I want to see it get fixed,

You might consider leading with that and perhaps closing with a similar sentiment as some of your comments come off as screeds from a troll.

And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

1 Like

In my opinion the vast majority don’t voice their opinion. If a few Xojo users can easily make a feedback case rise to the top 20 in a matter of hours, I would think participation there must be very low. Same goes for the forum, even Xojo say only a fraction of their users participate in the forum.

Fair enough, then lets re-qualify the statement to include:

The vast majority of dissatisfied users.

That would be more accurate considering that I agree that the number of people expressing discontent could actually be just a fragment of the entirety.

You might consider leading with that and perhaps closing with a similar sentiment as some of your comments come off as screeds from a troll.

And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

I have many times, in many previous posts… all ineffective I’m afraid.

Honestly if trolling (or the appearance of it) is where we must go to shock the system into reacting to protect the brand, time investment and future of everyone’s internal code base, then its a disgrace, but a necessary one. At some point, a line must be drawn and historically ineffective tactics must be exchanged for better ones.

One thing to keep in mind is how the people who have voiced strong opinions about Xojo use the tool

There are several here who use Xojo as their primary tool for earning a living.
I wont say “many” or “few” as I have no way to quantify that accurately.
Those peoples interests may vary widely from your own.

I’m one of those people
And I’m concerned about Xojo and its ability to support & grow the platforms with such a small team.

I did work there for a decade.
As did @thommcgrath who have also said recently that they are concerned.

Is Xojo falling off a cliff ? No
Could it be better ? Yes
That is what several are advocating for - take a breath and make Xojo fast, stable and cut the open bug count significantly

7 Likes

The vast majority are more than happy with the Xojo product

I’ll go a step further in my explanation:

When I hear this statement from company officials, its an understandable self-defense mechanism.

But when other customers use this, I can’t help but translate this into:

“Shut him up! I’ve got alot invested in this ride… SHUT HIM UP!” -Bill Hicks

Now I have no doubt that many customers are genuinely happy with Xojo, I myself was included for quite a while, but taking into consideration ALL the data and contributions of many users who are considered heavy hitters and major contributors, PLUS ALL INDEPENDENT AND DISPASSIONATE INDUSTRY REVIEWS, the argument that nothing is wrong falls apart.

If you want to save Xojo from itself, and for yourself, you must first deal with the heart of the matter that is killing it. Lifesaving surgery is not clean or painless, but it is necessary to begin as soon as the proper diagnosis is made.

1 Like

[quote=“npalardy, post:45, topic:1079”]
There are several here who use Xojo as their primary tool for earning a living.
Those peoples interests may vary widely from your own.

I’m one of those people
And I’m concerned about Xojo and its ability to support & grow the platforms with such a small team.[/quote]
I don’t use Xojo for earning a living, but there are so many things I just like with Xojo that I’m also concerned by that.
I guess I won’t stop using Xojo unless it ceases to exist.

1 Like