Seriously?

Yes, that’s the problem. Without quality, it’s a big pile of poo no matter if you’re a pro or a citizen dev.

1 Like

i say the same things about windows, so what ?

If you are willing to accept sub-par products that is fine, the rest of us are not.

I’d be bitching about Windows as well, if I used it very much… with thankfully I don’t

I use other products that have issues… for most of them I submit a feedback and get a response (and usually a fix) with in 24 hours… not 24 years

So you are whining because people should be bitching about something but then you say that you do the same… :rofl:

I ain’t bitching nowhere,
I don’t use windows to work, it’s simple.
only to test apps and gaming

plus Geoff simply expresses something that many users said in reviews. it has nothing to do with xojo

So you’re bitching about folks bitching about Geoff’s bitching when his own products suffer from quality, but you’re ok with Geoff bitching about another product…

Muahahahahah

1 Like

Geoff made something else. He was laughing on another tool which makes the same like Xojo does: Mobile apps. In contrast to Xojo Xojo has no Android. By the way the entire point is that he was since years telling Android comes. So in the eyes of many people he should not act like this.

But the other side should not be forgotten: He said that he will spend support for showstoppers in Xojo 2019R32. He does not. Nit one line of Code. That’s something which isn’t okay and acceptable. So maybe you think, believe or believe to see that he is a really good guy all time telling truths: he is not. Exactly that IS the POINT of it.

You know the arrogant and egotistical type… "I know best, I can be bitching and criticising others because Im better. but you cant do it because is wrong and you are only a troll "

I’m curious how long have you been a Xojo user ?

I am curious if he is a Fanboy or a dojo related.

I somethimes wonder whats wrong with being a fanboy? were’nt we all xojo “fanboys/girls” at one time.

There is nothing wrong with standing up for what you like, something that this forum intentionally was all about. Now it more or less has become a place to be ridiculed if you stand up for what you like.

I dont agree with @dalu necessarily, but there should be room for criticizing one way or the other.

On another note:
Lately I feel that this place has become the to much whining centric, and ridicule is something used often I feel. Would be better to get back to constructive discussions instead.

Now, let the firing squad in :open_mouth:

7 Likes

Difference is here is bitching about bitching vs bitching about Xojo quality.

1 Like

Indeed. Nothing wrong with being passionate about something. Most of the critics (myself included) are long-time (now ex?) Xojo users/fanboys ourselves who have seen the quality of Xojo’s products decline dramatically over something like a decade time.

Some of us have seen what Xojo’s poor decisions have done to our own development and the struggle we had to go through to work around the mountain of Xojo bugs/stupid naming changes to get our own products working again. I myself was the first years we used RB/Xojo a huge fan of Xojo too, as we had not (yet) encountered those Xojo inflicted problems. But when we finally reached that point, well…

So,we made the decision to move away from Xojo because we just didn’t find it reliable enough anymore to bet our company on anymore. I keep following up on Xojo related stuff now and then, but I haven’t seen anything that could bring us back. On the contrary, things seem to go continue to go the wrong way and they are now even getting behind technology-wise we couldn’t even write our current products anymore with it without major struggles (iOS, Web, Android (what?!, when? :wink: ) …).

But back on topic: I seriously just had a giggle when I read Geoff’s tweet as I saw the irony in it too, knowing the condition of their own products, but I scrolled on. His tweets/posts have no traction whatsoever on social media anyway, so why bother losing sleep over it…

1 Like

Agree with all you say, all that I say is that we can be sivil about how we act and speak to our fellow devs.

Geoff kind of deserves some stuff thrown after him, but starting name calling and fanboy/girl 'sh comments should be below us, thats how I feel about that.

i"ve been usingxojo , more or less, since it was RB 4 - 5.5, that version lasted a while if i remember

i’ve said this in the other thread on other tools replacing xojo, i’ve used 4D before, like late stephane pinel i know for a long time, i’m in Paris. 4D is french

in the other thread about concurrent tools, some people mentions 4B, it’s windows only

AFAIK there is nothing to replace xojo or even 4D

I’m suprised xojo inc is still independant, if you look at softwares companies, they all got bought out, or got big like adobe

so we should be thankfull that xojo inc is still here.
maybe i’m not as hardcore xojo as many of you, and i understand the critics, the bugs not fixed

ps i’m not using webapps, nor mobile xojo. only desktop, and my couple years ago projects still compiler with latest xojo version, so it’s all good :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Be sure: if there would have been somebody giving Mr. P. 100 Million Dollars for Xojo it would be FaceJo, AdobeJo or something but not Xojo anymore. That’s live. If your product has not the needed reliability and not the future but the end of live for a concept it is so that there is nobody which wants to pay one dollar for it. Do you really believe that Xojo is a so big technology Stack? Sorry. There is nothing, in big letters: N O T H I N G what I can do with Xojo but not with Java, C++, c or many others. I just worked with Xojo for Web Apps cause I believed their Idea about that it is so uncomplex. That was costing nearly my company. Why? While the language was deprecated from one to the other day and with Web 2.0 reinvented in a Wise that - even today - it would not be possible to rewrite it in Xojo 2021Rx. So what do you want to tell us with this words? That Xojo is unique? It is. Indeed it is getting world mastership. In ignoring bugs.

And by the way: there where examples where Google and Facebook where taking out more cash for even less. But something with a future and not at the end of lifetime.

? i don’t understand your points

there was xplatform desktop client in java (limewire among them ?), it was slow, lots of ram
nobody makes java client anymore, sole use for servers afaik

then there was QT, xplatform in c ++ ? it was ugly on mac side side, now it’s gone too

just shows how much you do know then. or more accurately do not know