//Return true
  //End if

// ΕΛΕΓΧΟΣ ΑΝ ΠΑΤΗΘΗΚΕ ΤΟ ESCAPE
  //if key = chr(27) then
  //WindowProduct.close
  //Return true
  //End if
End Function

Function CellKeyDown(row as Integer, column as Integer, key as String) Handles CellKeyDown as Boolean
  Var grammi As Integer
  var i as integer
  var h as integer

grammi = lista.SelectedRowIndex
  i = lista.LastColumnIndex

// Ελεγχος για το κουμπι Shift + ΤΑΒ
  if key = chr(9) and keyboard.Shiftkey and column =1 and me.SelectedRowIndex = 0  then
    TextField1.SetFocus
    Return True
  End if
  if key = chr(9) and keyboard.Shiftkey and  column >1  then 
    me.EditCellAt(grammi, column -1)
  end if
  if key = chr(9) and keyboard.Shiftkey and  column =1 and grammi >0 then 
    me.EditCellAt(grammi -1, 5)
  end if

// Ελεγχος για το κουμπι ΤΑΒ
  if key = chr (9) and not keyboard.Shiftkey and column < 5 then 
    me.EditCellAt(grammi, column +1) 
  end if
  if key = chr (9) and not keyboard.Shiftkey and column = 5 and me.SelectedRowIndex<>me.LastRowIndex then
    lista.EditCellAt(grammi +1, 1)  
  end if
  if key = chr (9) and not keyboard.Shiftkey and column = 5 and me.SelectedRowIndex=me.LastRowIndex then 
    seira
    lista.EditCellAt(grammi +1, 1)
  end if
  TextField1.Text = column.ToText

// ΕΛΕΓΧΟΣ ΑΝ ΠΑΤΗΘΗΚΕ ΤΟ KEY UP
  if key = chr(30) and row = 0 and column = 1 then
    TextField1.SetFocus
  elseif key = chr(30) and column > 1 then
    me.EditCellAt(row, column -1)
  End if

// ΕΛΕΓΧΟΣ ΑΝ ΠΑΤΗΘΗΚΕ ΤΟ ENTER
  if key = chr (13) and column < 5 then
    me.EditCellAt(row, column +1)
  End if

//ΕΛΕΓΧΟΣ ΑΝ ΠΑΤΗΘΗΚΕ ΤΟ DELETE
  if key = chr(127) and me.SelectedRowIndex = 0 and me.RowCount = 1 then 
    me.RemoveRowAt(grammi)
    TextField1.SetFocus
    Return True
  end if

if key = chr(127) and me.SelectedRowIndex = 0 and me.RowCount > 1 then 
    me.RemoveRowAt(grammi)
    for i=0 to me.RowCount -1
      h = i +1
      lista.CellTextAt(i, 0) = h.ToText
    next
    me.EditCellAt(row, 5)
  end if

if key = chr(127) and me.SelectedRowIndex > 0 then 
    me.RemoveRowAt(grammi)
    for i=0 to me.RowCount -1
      h = i +1
      lista.CellTextAt(i, 0) = h.ToText
    next
    me.EditCellAt(row -1, 5)
  End If

TextField2.Text = row.ToText
  TextField3.Text = column.ToText
End Function
1 Like

someone could tell this poor guy what I posted above

the lack of actually helpful answers on the xojo forums is lamentable

1 Like

A great way of knowing how useful we are.

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

2 hours and no one has actually helped the guy
And its about as hard as adding 3 or 4 “return true” statements

:man_facepalming:

I don’t know how frequently other users go in the forum; I go there perhaps once per day.

Perhaps I’ve misread your post, though. I thought you said the quality of the answers were lamentable (there happen to be good answers, still these days), but perhaps you meant the quantity of them?

in a way both the quality (specifically in relation to this thread on TOF) and the volume

EDIT : I see Julian finally replied
No idea if he lifted the answer from my post or not
But he could be one of the VERY many anonymous readers INN gets every day

Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 3.22.37 PM

4 Likes

As the yearly user-sponsered company vacation is coming really close now, maybe:

1. Everyone at Xojo Inc. is already in full vacation mode and are to busy browsing the London tourism brochures
  2. They finally realize they have, for the n-th time in a row, nothing to show for on the retreat so they are now furiously throwing something together (yeah, due to the limited time it will be full of new bugs but what the hell, we’re doing that for nearly a decade…) and have absolutely no time for all those obnoxious user questions
  3. Geoff is to busy making up the numbers for his keynote to show user growth is HUGE, sales are ENORMOUS and bugs are again WAY DOWN this year. That last one because of a highly improved bot that can close them even faster

:grin:

All joking aside (is it now?), maybe it is just that the lack of pros at TOF is continuing to show and INN is kind of the place to be nowadays to get quick and quality answers to the harder questions…

And even the MVPs are remarkably silent these days. Maybe they have given up since for every post they close two new complaint posts pop up?

1 Like

That is a nice description but I believe that there is one point missed. As long as Geoff can convince enough new users to compensate the going ones he has no problem. That the user base is not growing is one thing but that the user base is exchanging to citizen Users only makes a difference. The entire point is that you have there nearly only non professionals. That is not placing the platform as a professional platform but as a low code platform for beginners. Helps with Sales and helps while this users thinking in most cases: ahh, my fault.

3 Likes

I assume even MVPs have to work on a plan B.

I believe most people on TOF know meanwhile that their question might get answered on INN. If not, it is IMHO their problem.Why would banned people improve the quality of Xojo’s “support” forums?

3 Likes

I still don’t get this “low code” thing (aka non-sense IMHO). Xojo is verbose “buggy code” or “bad code”, but not “low code”. Period.

From Wikipedia: Low-code development platform - Wikipedia

A low-code development platform (LCDP) provides a development environment used to create application software through a graphical user interface. A low-coded platform may produce entirely operational applications, or require additional coding for specific situations. Low-code development platforms can reduce the amount of traditional time spent, enabling accelerated delivery of business applications. A common benefit is that a wider range of people can contribute to the application’s development—not only those with coding skills but require good governance to be able to adhere to common rules and regulations. LCDPs can also lower the initial cost of setup, training, deployment, and maintenance.

Except for the layout editor (which has largely been reduced to absurdity with Web2), I don’t know where Xojo would come close to meeting these requirements. Not even the sentence “may produce entirely operational applications” applies.

This is probably Xojo’s biggest problem, at least for the users: there is no strategy (except the dream of having developed a jack of all trades at some point), no focus, no quality management worthy of the name.

But every year new terms are thrown around. Once they are a tool for pros, then GP claims to be low-code, just as it supposedly fits.

If Xojo doesn’t have a focus, they can’t measure anything, not their success, not their problems and consequently the company will never be realigned. Of course, that wouldn’t make any sense right now, just before the breakthrough of the Android success story. I bet Xojo Android will also have “declares”, which is known to be a basic ingredient of low code platforms :wink:

2 Likes

There is only one strategy that I can see: getting new customers to stay alive while old customers are going or passing away. And so the need new ones. and low code was trendy when Perlman spoke about. So you can see: we are low code implements also: it is the simple way to write all programs you need without the need to be a programmer.

Both of us know: that is not the case. But there is no way around: Xojo made this and they have the Idea that this way is the best.

And so we are in the need of a correct terminus. While it is not low Code and it is also of coarse not a professional Grade Language comparable with Java, C++, C#. Even Delphi is more professional. Let’s say even Delphi plays in the beginning of the professional league. Xojo is amateur league.

And all the users which used it for some really nice applications where working hard on they not even small amount of code. But it is not so that they could work like pro’s: without tons of workarounds. The self understanding of Xojo is different. They have their own Idea of definition. Not the same definitions the industry uses.

1 Like

Too bad that Java has already occupied “Pojo”. Otherwise we could probably agree on “poor” code :slight_smile:

plain old Java Object…
Okay then let’s form out: Simple Realbasic Workaround

though RB worked (at the time). Oh, the good old days …

1 Like

This one happens to be easy to refute :stuck_out_tongue:

Indeed as long as they can bring in enough “new users” to cover the departures then does it matter ?
Its kind of like filling a dam with a hole in it
As longs as the inflow exceeds outflow the hole doesnt matter
But, when the inflow stops now that hole matters but has grown so large you can fix it and the dam collapses

Indeed
It just annoys me SO much
Its darned near a compulsion for me to try & help people
Ask my wife :stuck_out_tongue:
She literally said You just cant help yourself and stop every time we pass someone that needs help
Indeed I do

:+1::+1::+1::+1:

Indeed - they haven’t been able to even say WHO their target audience is
Professional users ? Hobbiests ? Citizens ?
No now it “anyone that wants to write software”
Thats so generic that its useless
Like saying that a company creating food products target audience is “anyone that wants to eat”

1 Like

WOW…

So Xojo is cross-platform since it uses ONE IDE?

No it is cross platform since it can compile programs written in the Xojo Language to all platforms. Not the same programs not the same ui not the same plugins but it can. A bit at least.

and it is finally low-code and Android almost feature complete!

“Easy DB Connections” is now off the RoadMap… I guess just removed.

So the one thing to make Xojo a bit more Low Code is just gone…

1 Like

I don’t think it is gone, it’s probably related to the buggy Xojo weblist sorting algorithm.

Edit: changed weblist to Xojo weblist. Honor where credit is due.