Just saying hello

(I wish there was an “introduction” category for this)

I just joined this forum after realizing that it’s where I can talk freely about Xojo without getting in trouble (well, Xojo Inc might still read this as well and then block me on their own site…)

I’m happy to find many old programming buddies here!

I don’t visit Xojo’s forum often, but I will certainly have more looks here from now on.

11 Likes

Welcome! :grin:

1 Like

Welcome Thomas
Long time no see :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the Censor Free Zone
Open to all programming topics, Swift, Java, C#, and even Xojo

Please note : we do not serve Kool-aid here

5 Likes

Ahh, Dave. Wanted to ask you about your amazing Xojo/Swift project, too! Later, still so much to do right now.

Welcome! Long time no see. Lots of us old-timers here.

We talk about other languages. Our wishes, our peeves. Talk about our love of Xojo and how it’s disappointed us (again and again) and generally commiserate with each other on how much work we’re going through as we switch to something else.

I think most of us (including me) still use Xojo most every day so we still have a foot in the Xojo world while moving toward something different. I think it safe to say that most of us still want to use Xojo but are leaving for various reasons - many of which you know about and have, no doubt, experienced.

It’s a safe space for your opinions. Not a venue for personal attacks.

5 Likes

Welcome Thomas!

1 Like

Welcome Thomas.
Always nice to hear from you. For over 22 years now!

1 Like

Has it been that long ? OMG I suppose it has been
From RB:TDG published in 1999

3 Likes

Happy that you’re here :slight_smile:

25 posts were split to a new topic: Silly discussion

Don’t know whether I count, but I’m happy to be one :slight_smile:

I don’t post all that often. I suppose it’s because since I live in the desktop world, I’m essentially satisfied. However, having established that I’m not a troll, when I do wax critical it’s the proverbial “Nixon going to China.” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Morning Thomas.

3 Likes

Good night, Sam :slight_smile:

2 Likes

it’s 2:21 am here. So good Morning is not wrong…really early morning :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I overslept this morning, so I’m doing my morning reading at 9:23 am…

hahaha yeah I know that!

1 Like

Well, good morning, my friend! I just finished dinner. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bet it tasted better than cornflakes!

1 Like

It did. My wife is a good cook. But I had my Cheerios while you should have been asleep :slight_smile:

2 Likes