Hiring: Xojo without Geoff

Underwriters Technologies is seeking a skilled Contract Developer for project-based work. Our firm specializes in advanced software solutions for the insurance sector, focusing on streamlining underwriting processes and enhancing risk assessment through technological innovation. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical foundation and a commitment to high-quality software development, working alongside our team to improve our product offerings.

Core Requirements:

1. Expertise in Xojo API2 for Web: Demonstrated experience in application development using Xojo API2.
  2. PDF Generation Skills: Proficiency with PDF generation, particularly Monkeybread/ PDFlib.
  3. ORM Tools Knowledge: Experience with Object-Relational Mapping tools, ARGEN preferred.
  4. Web Technologies Proficiency: Solid understanding of web technologies.
  5. GIT Knowledge: Competency in using GIT for version control.

Desirable Skills:

• Interest in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Learning Management Systems (LMS) is advantageous.

Role Expectations:

• Code Quality: Adherence to established UT coding standards.
  • Availability: Required attendance at daily briefings every weekday at 9:04 AM. (US Central)
  • Work Ethic: Given our fast-paced environment and client-driven deadlines, we expect dedication and a commitment to deliver under pressure.
  • Fun: We have a little patience for people who donā€™t enjoy their work.

Contract Details:

• Duration: 120 days. With potential for long-term expansion
  • Location: Worldwide. (if you were in Austin, Texas we have space for you here in the office)

Application Process:
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter detailing relevant experience. Include links to GitHub repositories or portfolios. Candidates meeting our criteria will be contacted for an interview.

Contract Offer:

• Opportunity to work on innovative projects.
  • Support and flexibility within the role.
  • Chance to enhance your technical skill set.

Application Deadline: OPEN

How to Apply:
Submit applications to edward@undtec.com

For questions regarding the position, contact Edward Lloyd at edward@undtec.com

5 Likes

Fun: We have a little patience for people who donā€™t enjoy their work.

This has a dystopian vibe to itā€¦

I kind of find it ironic to post such a position on a forum that was created by and for people who had had enough of Xojo.

Plusā€¦ there is no such thing as ā€œXojo without Geoffā€.

1 Like

So donā€™t apply.

1 Like

Ooof! Vibe verified.

1 Like

It is at least a job proposal for someone who has invested time in learning Xojo and API2.
The ā€˜funā€™ requirement says that ranting all the time about Xojo while working with the team isnā€™t adequate.

2 Likes

If you are open for international applications it may be helpful to indicate the time zone or define in UTC.

Nice catch. Updated. Thanks (didnā€™t do it UTC but if an applicant canā€™t canā€™t figure it out from thereā€¦)

1 Like

Having worked for Jay in the past Iā€™d say that it is indeed a fun place to work and his description IS quite accurate. It is fast paced, challenging, and there is a wide range of skills needed

If I had to summarize it Iā€™d say his attitude is

Work Hard. Play Harder.

The ā€œvibeā€ youā€™re suggesting isnt there in my experience

4 Likes

@jay I donā€™t the get the title.

If this were 6 months Iā€™d apply, even though I donā€™t meet the criteria. 25 Years of RB/RS/Xo but thatā€™s all API 1.0 and some Web 1.0.

However Iā€™ve thrown myself at Swift, SwiftUI and right now learning marketing.

3 Likes

ā€¦and with this you show more management quality than ā€œour stable geniusā€

1 Like

Cheerfully withdrawn

The title is to catch attention, to make sure more people are reading. If Jay would have written ā€œHiringā€ it will attract less attention.

I have not the necessary skills, however, we should respect this job opportunity. It sounds perfectly valid to me.

Chris

3 Likes