Heads-up: blog post about Web1 support has been updated

Since I’ve seen him twisting his own quoted words all the time on TOF, I definitely can believe that is the underlying idea. Someone’s word that means absolutely nothing and can not be trusted.

The sad thing is this damaging behavior becomes quickly the baseline within the whole company. That is already the case with Xojo Inc. as we see other employees (and by extension some MVPs) doing the same thing. Very unhealthy situation.

1 Like

There’s no credibility

How do you claim to have so many hundreds or thousands of unit tests
And let an infinite loop out as part of a release ?

https://tracker.xojo.com/xojoinc/xojo/-/issues/70516

THere’s NO plausible way a unit test would EVER have passed that but …
There it is in a release seemingly untested that they now need to patch

:man_shrugging:

Think they’ll add unit tests to the various db plugins now ?

How to forget the infamous quote “it is my company and no one is going to tell me how to…” deleted and changed for Im not capable of saying something like that …

2 Likes

wow, 2022r3.2 milestone?

Dangerous bugs: converting negative double value greater than -0.1 to currency returns incorrect result

Unlikely. It is so much cheaper letting customers doing the job.

I didn’t even download 2022v3. They are breaking too many things along the road.
Their product live cycle management is a total mess.

1 Like

But it doesn’t pass unit tes …

bah fuck it ship !

we’ll fix it later*

• the great programmer myth

It really comes down to Geoff and his team not being trustworthy. They say one thing and do another. They demand to talk on the phone or Zoom and not in writing.

I just cannot work with folks I cannot trust.

The other active thread here mentions the lack of unit tests. But they said they have and use unit tests. Just feels shady.

Have them - sure
Use them - the ones that existed - sure

But unit testing is never “done”
As issues are found you add a unit test to isolate the bug so you can reproduce the bug
Then do the work to FIX the bug
Then see the test now passes
And remains passing from then on

Or when you write something new you define a set of unit tests and write those to see your new code meets the spec
Write the code
Now see all your tests pass

It’s an ongoing process
Not doing that just means you write bugs and dont know it

As you might guess I like Test Driven Development

And even it it passed all the unit test… . I’ll bet they NEVER do regression testing…

Hey we fixed X, so why waste time testing Z?

1 Like

This is certainly not happening at the necessary extend. Otherwise releases would not have such atrocious new bugs and regressions.
Who of the large staff is doing it? The company dog?

not even a guess any more

it definitely doesnt seem to be a priority

:man_shrugging: