Experience survey

And I thought we have useless authorities and officials here in Germany…

1 Like

It’s a form of regulatory capture. They’ll claim it’s to protect citizens but in nearly all cases it’s a guild issue. Louisiana regulates florists. For whatever reason the other 49 states have left their citizens at the mercy of unregulated flower distribution. It’s an accident waiting to happen….

1 Like

OMG ! The horrors of unregulated selling of roses & orchids will surely cause ruin !

Seriously though Engineers, Teachers, Lawyers, Nurses, Doctors, Pharmacists and many other “self regulating professions” exist in many jurisdictions
That oversight function COULD still be done by the government (at least here it could) but they have, by law, delegated that authority to the relevant governing body for the profession
It possibly helps cut down on government bureaucracy and the bloat that would accrue if this were done by the government

As a self regulating profession they have a vested interest in protecting their “turf” and thereby avoid the government taking over that regulatory role directly

At least thats what I learned about Teaching as a profession when I was in the dual BEd/BSc program

heck, maybe we found the reason for Geoffs’ issues with “average xojo users” (Thread). I would like to say to him, his working with biased numbers but… well…somebody else may better do this…