Experience survey

That was also a suspicion some held
So a few of us compared and it seems we all get the same questions

Sad statement when the suspicion that Xojo would do something like exists

haha, please Christian, I am I no way meaning to be disrespectful, but really, xojo seem to (me) have shown (in my understanding) fuck all interest in anything anyone says.

I use an expletive to impress upon you that I simply believe you are either mistaken in the belief anyone at xojo really takes notice of any input from a user, (whatever their apparent level of brightness in the xojo hierarchy), or you are dramatically misrepresenting what xojo will do in response to this, or any survey.

No one appears to actually know what xojo will do, so unless you are more familiar with the process that WILL happen post survey, it MAY be in everyones interest that statements proclaiming:-
ā€œWell, if you fill out the survey from Xojo Inc. and they analyze the results, they will act on it.
Change priorities for some cases, have an engineer look on issues and provide help.
If you donā€™t use this to voice your problems, it may not lead to improvements.ā€

need to be backed up with some sort of factual reasoning.

then:-
ā€œAnd Iā€™ll ask Dana for results. Maybe a blog post could summarize it.ā€

you seem to believe Dana will give you honest and accurate results, what makes that the case? sadly not much that comes from xojoverse rings truthful in the majority, again in my own opinion.

but please, offer anything factual that makes any of my statements or supposition incorrect.
I really want to be wrong, I welcome anything that may be sensibly argumentative and can create a conclusion that is seriously in contention to the one here.

please please at least respond to me and argue where you think I am off the mark, I am not interested in a long debate, solely if thereā€™s anything within this message you are actually not in agreement with.

Mark

1 Like

I was distracted by something, didnā€™t read the opening page and though it was the actual xojo feedback. Ah well, wasted that time putting in huge bug lists that could do with being fixed. Whoever is organizing that stuff (Markus?), PM me the info please, mineā€™s the one with a huge bug list of comma separated numbers of my tickets, so hardly anonymous. Lucky I didnā€™t put anything in there I wouldnā€™t say directly to xojo.

wellā€¦ I even canā€™t see or use ā€œthe surveyā€ because of 3rd party content which are blocked by default. They fail even on this. By the way itā€™s quite easy to set up an own server with this. Or better: To develop a Xojo written tool for surveys. Howā€™s the proverb? To eat your own dogs food?

to clarify. This survey is done yearly by Xojo inc. for over 10 years.

There is no obligation for seeing the results and I canā€™t remember anyone asked for those before (in the forums, that Iā€™d would see).

And I think itā€™s quite common for a company to ask clients what they like and donā€™t like.

But please remember that this forum is a bubble with lots of people complaining about Xojo, while the majority of users doesnā€™t come to the forums and just uses the product.

1 Like

Nope. IF I would make a survey it would be quite different ā€¦

Shudder. One of the worst things at Opel was the yearly ā€œwe want to know how great we areā€ survey. Anonymous. But when the department was 20 persons the anonymity didnā€™t really matter.

The Xojo survey is exactly the same. How often did Geoff tell us that he knows best???

The survey above clearly said that itā€™s not from Xojo.

Isnā€™t that Halā€™s account?

Anyway the official Xojo customer survey is not anonymous as Xojo Inc knows who answered abc they can contact you about your answers.

1 Like

it is at least not anonymous due to to the fact that 3rd parties like google, cloudfront, surveymonkey and many more get the same informationā€¦ I did not give my consent nor was asked before.

If Xojo canā€™t fix something as fundamentally broken as feedback://showreport?report_id=43704 and feedback://showreport?report_id=43705 in 5 years then no number of surveys are going to help them move forward. It shouldnā€™t be left to every single windows user that tries xojo to fix these. They are drowning in bugs, their best bet would be to have someone or a group work through the feedback tickets and check them or recategorize them, heck even having Feedback 2 empty and asking people to move over bugs that are important to them might be a way of narrowing down bugs to those that are still relevant.

5 Likes

in part this IS a problem because if they know who answered how then they can look and say ā€œOh thats from norm we dont have to take that into accountā€

Dont think thatā€™d ever occur ?

Donā€™t you let your clients voice your needs?

And Iā€™ve no idea what ongoing wrangling you have with Xojo.

Sure.
We do that in person usually.
Theres no possibility for me to tune out and ignore their input like there is with a survey where thereā€™s NO immediate feedback from either side.

I have no interaction with them
Iā€™ve sent emails and get no response whatsoever
I file feedback reports

:roll_eyes:
You guys in the US also say ā€œDoctorā€ to a lot of medical personell, no matter if they got a real phd (or what ever it is called in the US).

Thatā€™s why we differ from the job title ā€œArztā€ and the university grade ā€œDr.ā€.

So, calling them ā€œengineersā€ by their job description is no so unusual.
</off topic>

You all should perhaps step a bit aside and stop thinking/acting like Xojo Inc. is an evil. They made mad decisions, they will do in future, but they donā€™t do that to hurt you guys specifically and personally (maybe apart from @npalardy :smiley: ).
As you all know, Iā€™m also no big fan of their marketing, communication, promises and failures. But I try to keep my personal shares here low to stay objective.

The survey is made since 10 years. Since years with the same tool, from the same person, with the same questions (more or less) and you could consider it as a way to provide productive feedback.

2 Likes

Unusual no
Legal sanctionable - certainly

Iā€™ve had this reply from the governing board in Texas

Oh you have NO idea the extents they have gone to
Iā€™m certain that IF I relayed my experiences most would not believe itā€™s true
At first I couldnt either but ā€¦

2 Likes

Well, I guess I really have no idea. Just couldnā€™t imagine.

Generally speaking that sanction only applies to the person putting themselves out there as an engineer. Anyone else using the term incorrectly for someone, or in other contexts, havenā€™t ever been bound by such licensing restrictions.

Iā€™ll just quote the reply I got

Note I did this BEFORE I emailed Dana about such usage in their newsletter

Its the same here and why I never described myself as a Software Engineer - but Software Developer

Iā€™m sure that made you even more popular with Xojo inc! :wink:

(BTW I have to be curious about things I would not believe! :wink: )

-Karen

1 Like

Just wanted to make sure I was telling them about something that was a potential problem for them
I could have just filed a complaint and let the Texas board handle it
I havent
I dont know that anyone has