Closing Topics

High class like in “The cost for one night should at least reflect the average # of bugs / day” :slight_smile: ?

Uh they did - that was the XDC Anywhere event they did last year when it was clear hat Corona wasnt done

They could do a mix of live feeds + in person but … no :frowning:
That DOES entail some extra expense since usually hotel networks are NOT usually set up for doing live feeds but I’m sure this can be dealt with (since one company I worked with did exactly this)

The # of new reports in issues runs right around 12 per day
Every day

Btw. XDC Anywhere 2022 Keynote part 1 (the one with the eery ending) has disappeared from Xojo’s Youtube channel.

yeah I think they removed it and replaced with with

so they left a Part 2 and missing Part 1? Weird.

Nothing surprises me any more
I couldn’t find"the one with the eery ending" using Youtubes search
:man_shrugging:

1 Like

True, but XDC Anywhere was … hmm … I mean some musicians played whole concerts from home etc. Even that opportunity was only half baken. So many open source projects have tons of movies not only explaining the standard but some best practices, tips and tricks etc. Not so Xojo, other than their statement that they are using it day by day for the IDE, I have no evidence that they build any other big project other than the ones which failed.

and in the idea, they are for instance not working with a date control and all the bugs related around dates :wink:

Like API2 versus API1 ;-). Part 1 is not missing, it is just not findable any longer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Xojo does what Xojo does

What else can I say ?

1 Like

The eery ending of the 2022 XDCAnything keynote part 1 was
‘Ah, you are still here? You can go now!’
There is a striking similarity between this and the message Xojo has sent out yesterday.

3 Likes

Now I’m missing that I can’t mark your answer as the solution :slight_smile: . You made me laugh out loudly.

I should just post it since I downloaded it and have the entire thing :slight_smile:
They did give them out so …

1 Like

Isn’t worth the effort.

Geoff and I are roughly the same age and that ending was attempting to be cute mimicking “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”. I think it was an attempt at humor that failed miserably. I’m surprised no one on their team flagged it - unless Geoff didn’t tell anyone about it.

I’ve heard this from several former Xojo employees that the XDC keynote was as much a mystery to them as it was for the audience. They’d get completely sucker punched with some feature that was promised in the next year that they knew couldn’t be done in that timeframe. That practice was nipped in the bud for several years with the engineering team reviewing his keynote before the conference. But I’ve heard through the rumor mill that he promised some things in this years keynote that the engineers didn’t know about. So reverting to baseline I guess.

1 Like

Surprising your audience is one thing

Surprising the team thats supposed to deliver these minor miracles is an entirely different thing

2 Likes

‘Xojo is adequately staffed’ - this year’s cute joke

1 Like

Who is going to tell him he is wrong if “he knows better” than anyone?

The earnings bottom line is an excellent teacher.

1 Like

‘Xojo is adequately staffed with an appropriate revenue stream"

which of course would be better if the CEO knew his shit

2 Likes

All time people are surprised when a person decides alone and is not telling to anybody. That is the case when a CEO is making the decisions alone and ignores the customers and the employees or does not realize that they should be part of this process. Or ignores both. That is often the case in smaller companies where the CEO has to decide nearly all stuff alone and not in a team. Sometimes it is working good but mostly it is going wrong. Why? While dictating is always from a point on ignoring the needs of the others. And that are the signs for this.