Account suspended: No constructive purpose to their actions other than creating dissent within the community

A very good alternative to Xojo is Python, with which you can also create runtimes.

I understand and respect that people have the need to talk, which I do encourage. Personally, I don’t think Geoff or any other Xojo employees are bothered with this forum. I also do not see Xojo disappearing in the future, because it has its place. However, the Xojo tool is too small to make any difference on a global market.

My business companion pulled out the Xojo plug somewhere in 2015 without any emotions attached to it. We changed to Python and Javascript in the blink of an eye. Instead of Xojo, I use Netbrains Webstorms and Coffeecup HTML editor as my tools. My user interfaces are no longer visually created but on the other hand, when I have a bad UI, I have only myself to blame.

I like to create games in my free time. For that, I am using Scirra Construct 3 which is game creation without coding. However, that is no longer true. If you wish you can use JavaScript to a great extent to create your game. At the end of this reply, you find an Event sheet of one of the Construct 3 examples, to give you an idea.

I can also moan about Xojo, the bugs, the way the forum is run, their prices, lack of Android, etc… Instead, I just looked for other tools which let me be creative.

Another good alternative to Xojo in my opinion is Golang which is used by Google itself. The Google Chrome browser is your best choice for development because it is very stable. Firefox comes on a close next place but can sometimes become unresponsive and unstable (restarting every hour will cure that).

Nobody here is a loser and I really include everybody. For some reason, Xojo didn’t work out for you. Instead of keep dwelling over Xojo, spent that time and energy bringing your ideas to life with other tools. You will see that the pain over Xojo will disappear as snow for the Sun.

As an example, maybe creating a Python or/and JavaScript section is a good idea. In this way, we can all help each other on our way to another future. This forum is also a place like “friends under each other”. Why not take a different road together to a brighter future?

Or maybe a section where members can show what they accomplished with other tools? Anyway, these suggestions are a much more powerful way of expressing your points to other users.

People here left their Xojo life behind. It is really time to close that chapter in your life and move on. Be positive and open-minded and show the world you are gonna win!

I find this forum a very nice place to be but I can feel the pain of many people here. I never understood the ban of Norman Palardy, Hal Gumbert and so many others. Despite the fact I totally disagree with Markus Winter, if the forum was mine, I should also not ban him.

It is indeed true that the Xojo inc. forum is a marketing tool. However, that doesn’t mean that critical voices have to be silenced by banning them. The many threads about Xojo bugs are also counterproductive for marketing.

The creation of this forum is indeed a very brilliant idea. I truly do hope it will be here for years to come. A big “thank you” to Garry, the founder of this forum.

Kind Regards,

Bad_Wolf

2 Likes

Javafx and codenameone for desktop, iOS, Android, web. Complete code reuse. Thats it.

Since 2018 I have worked almost exclusively with Python (PyPy) and I’ve found it really productive.

You may be interested in BeeWare which is now an Anaconda project.

Blockquote BeeWare website:
“Write your apps in Python and release them on iOS, Android, Windows, MacOS, Linux, Web, and tvOS using rich, native user interfaces. Multiple apps, one codebase, with a fully native user experience on every platform.”

I do agree with you, Python is a very good replacement for Xojo. Works almost everywhere and is very flexible and feature rich.

I agree with you after using a very powerful open source Framework called FrappeFramework for building web based business apps.

GoLang is fast becoming popular language for developing web apps.

I use Dittofi.com for build GoLang based web apps.