Account suspended: No constructive purpose to their actions other than creating dissent within the community

After waiting years for Android and realizing that it will be crap like half ready quarter functional iOS I decided to use codenameone instead. Yes I need to write a mobile own UI for mobile. I have to anyhow. For Web I use javafx and Jpro.one. no rewriting necessary.simply integrating desktop apps to mobile with one click. So what?

1 Like

Sorry I’ve lost track of where that fits into the conversation.

Further waiting for Bugfixes and not needed workarounds with xojo? No. To less functionality, tooooo buggy and much more money for less productivity with xojo.no. not a professional tool at all anymore.

1 Like

Therefore: the conclusions you are doing are pro Xojo but far away from reality.

1 Like

Eh? I’ve always said Xojo is far from a pro tool. If pro’s can’t see that or it takes them years and years to figure it out then that is on them, sorry. Some pro’s may make it work, maybe edge cases, kudos to them for persevering.

You really think Thorsten (or anyone else) thought you are agreeing with him? And that being a condescending git is a respectful way of dealing with his arguments?

I’m not a native speaker, but I would NEVER have written like that to a non-native speaker - I can tell you that.

And you did that in quite a few posts, trying to win the argument by denigrating the other side. Do you really think we don’t see that either?

… and you wonder why I didn’t reply to that? :roll_eyes: :man_facepalming:

… I could actually quote nearly every single thing you wrote. You are a “Do as I say, not as I do” kinda guy.

Really?

You sure sound like an apologist … :roll_eyes: … why do I think of :duck: :duck: :duck: quaking???

:thinking: … maybe Julian is a XSA?

And just in:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Then why your pro Xojo stuffs?

If I was trying to speak to a native French person speaking in my GCSE level terrible French and they said to me, maybe speak in your native language, would I find that denigrating? Absolutely not. I’d be more than happy to do so, no different to what I said. But you keep plugging away Markus.

Probably because you did the usual, mic drop, “I’m out” comment on the message before then couldn’t come back with a response when you realised your mistake? I dunno.

Frankly I don’t care what anyone says, say what you like, I just pick up on things that are patently wrong or so absurd they are bordering on delusional, like:

The “Pro” on my xojo account?

Took me a while to work that out, Xojo Shill Account? Wow you actually have a TLA for that, is that because you use it so often? We’re getting close to the edge now folks…

The X Files GIFs | Tenor

That what you’re writing and how you’re behaving.

This thread happily got to 44 posts of some epic nonsense before I even stepped in.

Oh I see now, why my pro xojo comments?

I thought I’d been pretty clear that a one sided mud slinging contest without some semblance of balanced discussion is pretty naff. I guess I could leave the echo chamber to slowly die out but having unchecked statements of “fact” is a pretty low blow in the grand scheme of things. If xojo doesn’t want to come here and respond (understandably) then I’m quite happy to be the voice of some small part of reason. After all, some of the comments that have been fired at xojo/people are far from reasonable.

True. But it is not because a hammer with a broken handle can still be used for some things (and a professional carpenter probably can do more with it than the average guy) one should call it a ‘perfectly fine’ hammer. It is my understanding Xojo aims to be more than that, but unfortunately hasn’t been that ‘favorite tool’ in my toolbox for quite some time now.

I prefer the tool that I use to do what it promises and don’t want to spend time mending the handle all the time before I can use it (read: workarounds for bugs). I don’t think I’m unreasonable with wanting that, especially when my livelihood (and that of our company) depends on the tools we use.

And going from saying yourself ‘Oh brilliant and they have the audacity to make a post about trolling, Geoff is the biggest troll around’ to ‘comments that have been fired at xojo/people are far from reasonable’ raises some eyebrows at the very least. It only shows you have been in that state of mind yourself where you thought you were reasonable enough to make such a comment. As are some on this forum now.

I definitely do not agree with everything written on this forum and maybe some ‘low blows’ do indeed go to far for my liking too. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to pretend to play the great defender of Xojo now suddenly. Been that on my blog (and in our company) for years rigorously.

1 Like

I totally agree, and I hope Geoff cringed when he came to the realisation that what he posted on Twitter was a perfect mirror of what some of his users felt and were saying, myself included. Hopefully he’s learned from that and things changed, even if ever so slightly, for the betterment of himself and the company. As they say, it’s always easier to find faults in others than in yourself.

Such a perfect analogy.

API 2.0 was just wrapping wire around the handle which resulted in yet more cracks in the handle. Maybe Geoff should stop with all the reworking of APIs, reworking the docs AGAIN, and just fix bugs? Geoff seems to look for side distractions to make it look like progress. I wonder what the next distration will be?

1 Like

You write like a native writer (probably better than most), I never would have known if you didn’t say something.

1 Like

Would be true if the major conclusions would be. But they’re not. While the bugs are there and while the company does not anything against

It is anyhow not from interest. If somebody is not a Native speaker and writes German or Hebrew I would never say anything about typo or grammar

2 Likes

Well, I bet you have a native language :wink:

A very good alternative to Xojo is Python, with which you can also create runtimes.

I understand and respect that people have the need to talk, which I do encourage. Personally, I don’t think Geoff or any other Xojo employees are bothered with this forum. I also do not see Xojo disappearing in the future, because it has its place. However, the Xojo tool is too small to make any difference on a global market.

My business companion pulled out the Xojo plug somewhere in 2015 without any emotions attached to it. We changed to Python and Javascript in the blink of an eye. Instead of Xojo, I use Netbrains Webstorms and Coffeecup HTML editor as my tools. My user interfaces are no longer visually created but on the other hand, when I have a bad UI, I have only myself to blame.

I like to create games in my free time. For that, I am using Scirra Construct 3 which is game creation without coding. However, that is no longer true. If you wish you can use JavaScript to a great extent to create your game. At the end of this reply, you find an Event sheet of one of the Construct 3 examples, to give you an idea.

I can also moan about Xojo, the bugs, the way the forum is run, their prices, lack of Android, etc… Instead, I just looked for other tools which let me be creative.

Another good alternative to Xojo in my opinion is Golang which is used by Google itself. The Google Chrome browser is your best choice for development because it is very stable. Firefox comes on a close next place but can sometimes become unresponsive and unstable (restarting every hour will cure that).

Nobody here is a loser and I really include everybody. For some reason, Xojo didn’t work out for you. Instead of keep dwelling over Xojo, spent that time and energy bringing your ideas to life with other tools. You will see that the pain over Xojo will disappear as snow for the Sun.

As an example, maybe creating a Python or/and JavaScript section is a good idea. In this way, we can all help each other on our way to another future. This forum is also a place like “friends under each other”. Why not take a different road together to a brighter future?

Or maybe a section where members can show what they accomplished with other tools? Anyway, these suggestions are a much more powerful way of expressing your points to other users.

People here left their Xojo life behind. It is really time to close that chapter in your life and move on. Be positive and open-minded and show the world you are gonna win!

I find this forum a very nice place to be but I can feel the pain of many people here. I never understood the ban of Norman Palardy, Hal Gumbert and so many others. Despite the fact I totally disagree with Markus Winter, if the forum was mine, I should also not ban him.

It is indeed true that the Xojo inc. forum is a marketing tool. However, that doesn’t mean that critical voices have to be silenced by banning them. The many threads about Xojo bugs are also counterproductive for marketing.

The creation of this forum is indeed a very brilliant idea. I truly do hope it will be here for years to come. A big “thank you” to Garry, the founder of this forum.

Kind Regards,

Bad_Wolf

2 Likes