Account suspended: No constructive purpose to their actions other than creating dissent within the community

I’ll quote it to save typing it out again.

Oh I’m sorry Hal, I’m sorry that I’m responding to people, let me kowtow to the clique and take the thread off to talk about bugs instead of the topic…

Changing words in mouth said my grandma always. That’t what you try to do. So the topic is in your opinion. I have two really hard news for you:

1. INN Members are free and democratic
  2. here is not X Ban possible for people speaking truths.

So we come to the next Message: even if you try to: we will not follow you. Markus got banned because he wanted to fix and not while…things you wrote about.

So please: start following reality and not your personal dreams made in Maluma, Africa.

1 Like

While this forum does not have a policy of banning users for speaking their mind, it still gives each individual user the ability to remove from view any specific topic they find to be absurd and/or the ability to remove from view and specific person they find absurd.

At this time I am exercising that right…

2 Likes

Cool, thanks for letting us know… bye

Oh please, ignore us all Julian. We don’t want to read that what you are writing.

I’m not asking you to follow me anywhere. But as with others here, Markus was banned because he couldn’t articulate his displeasure in a way as to avoid being banned, that’s 100% on him I’m afraid.

I don’t ignore anyone on either site, you do realise you can ignore me right?

Sure… Blame Markus for being banned by Geoff. That’s like blaming someone from being shot for being in a bad neighborhood.

I know it long time.

The root of the problem is that Geoff can’t seem to fix bugs.

Just checking as you said it and obviously didn’t do it, but no worries. Just letting us know, like Dave I guess.

You actually think that only Geoff wanted him banned and actually did the dirty?

You did not reached the point for me to do it. I will when the point is reached. So simple.

It’s been a serial problem that Geoff bans those that speak up.

You can blame those speaking up or the tyrant.

Putting you on silence… Buh Bye

2 Likes

When you say “Geoff” in all this, do you mean Xojo or actually Geoff, like he somehow knowns the internals of all the frameworks and stuff? Or is this some kind of nebulous “Geoff”?

What do you want to know? Can’t read TOF? No? Red and find out how it’s working. So long fellow.

2 Likes

Dear Hal Gumbert,

I do not see where the opposite statements are. When I said that I agreed with Markus Winter, I meant about moderation.

I exactly expressed my opinion here about the behaviour of Markus Winter on the Xojo forum. However, it doesn’t mean that I cannot agree with his opinion about moderation.

I read his posts for a very long time now and what I know is, that Markus Winter and I are on opposite sides of the spectrum. I stand behind what I have said in the first paragraph but that doesn’t mean that I cannot agree with him (and others) about the moderation of the Xojo forum.

See it this way, Markus Winter said “nobody can tell me what I can say or not”. True and I surely don’t want to do that. But at the same time, everybody else also has the right to express their opinion or thoughts. Believe me, I weighted my words in that reply, because I did not want to be unrespectfully.

I hope this makes my viewpoint clearer.

Kind Regards,

Bad_Wolf

2 Likes

Thanks for that.

It’s ironic that Markus was suspended for “no constructive purpose” while others can. Once Geoff decides you’re done, you get the axe.

Yet others can speak freely here. I hope you consider that in your thinking. :slight_smile:

I doubt that Geoff actually works in engineering or has time to waste moderating the forum.

That’s silly. He’s the CEO / Founder / majority owner. Geoff provides direction. If staff are acting on their own, that’s a huge red flag.