2021r3 Announced?

Wasn’t the rather anaemic Xojo for iOS “feature complete” when first released? Aka “it has all the features we want to implement”?

… and do they work as they should? I certainly hope they work better than the original iOS ones … :roll_eyes:

ok, just who the FUCK thinks its a good idea to flag my post as inappropriate.

do not try to stop peoples opinions, this is not xojo forum.

Gary, please tell me which twat has flagged me

Theyve told us all several times its feature complete
Even made demo videos of it
Several times

So I’m a “believe it when I see it” person

1 Like

I don’t agree with flagging people’s post but you are not making your case by being infantile. If you don’t have class then at least show a bit of style … :wink:

… and the irony of you complaining about what others write about, but then also complain when they complain about your writing, is just too delicious …

1 Like

it seems the fun part of my post was missed.
and now we have markus involved here because he cant post on xojo forum, oh well.

lets hope we have lots of time to read his posts or just ignore them.

C’mon. Let’s all chill, please. Just be nice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

and now we all have to suffer your ± intellect until you return to the xojo fold, sigh, its going to be a fractious few months.
let us hope this time you bring something new to the party, good or bad.

please do keep it civil folks

The stupidity and hypocrisy of wanting freedom of speech but insulting and wanting to expose and limit those who use their freedom of spech to say that you are wrong :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

CIVIL FOLKS !
or this could en dup being INN’s FIRST locked thread

Take a breath
get some sleep
chill man

everyone has opinions
express them CIVILLY
please !

I know that it is easier for some to misbehave when they think they are anonymous (by hiding behind a synonym like “doj”), so just to let you know that you are not as anonymous as you think Mark …

Xojo sets the bar very low when it comes to that. As soon as it reaches ‘being-able-to-make-a-calculator’ it meets their criteria. From the very few videos and articles they posted, it will be very basic. I understand they are about a decade behind everyone else, so they can’t have it all but ‘feature complete’ is in the range of meeting most of these criteria:

• SQL databases including encrypted databases (Remote Database Connector)
  • Full access to the GPS
  • Home screen widgets and live wallpapers
  • Background services and broadcast listeners
  • Bluetooth (serial ports)
  • Phone features: phone calls, sms, contacts, call logs and others
  • USB host / accessory modes and Media Transfer Protocol (MTP)
  • Web services
  • FULL access to the Camera. Take-A-Picture is really not enough.
  • XML, JSON, XLS, MDB and CSV formats
  • Views animations
  • Multitouch gestures
  • NFC
  • Video and audio playback / recording
  • Networking (TCP, Wifi Direct, UDP, FTP, SFTP, SMTP, POP3 and SMB/CIFS)
  • Push notifications (GCM and C2DM)
  • Text to speech and voice recognition
  • AdMob ads and other ads platforms
  • OpenGL
  • Graphics and charts
  • Full access to ALL Sensors
  • Files I/O
  • Integrate with services such as: Parse, Google services, Twitter, Facebook and others
  • Google Play In-App Billing service
  • Sip / Voip
  • Access to the Android Device Administration API
  • Supports all Android phones and tablets, Chromebooks
  • Powerful designer scripts feature to easily create sophisticated layouts
  • A TRUE WYSIWYG visual editor which supports multiple screens and resolutions
  • Highly extensible with support for custom Java libraries
  • Built-in code obfuscation

Being able to just have the basic UI controls/hardware accessibility and being able to ‘compile’ for Android just isn’t enough to say it is ‘feature complete’.

I wonder how many (or how little) of these features Xojo Android will have… :thinking:

Alwaysbusy

Exiting times… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

That list will keep Christian busy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Indeed!

well, Xojo announced they are feature complete for 1.0 of their Android support.
Now to get a 1.0 out, usually you make a cut somewhere and move a lot of features to future versions.

So expect a 1.0 with a lot of features you like to see for Android moved to future releases to get 1.0 finished.

That happened before with Xojo for every target they shipped. Even first versions of Windows and Linux support over 10 years ago started small.

So someday a first tester version will ship to verify in the wild whether the things implemented will work outside the lab. A few months later, there may be a shipping 1.0. And then future releases will add missing stuff.

and once we have an updated plugin SDK, I and Björn will probably port plugins.

1 Like

You need to calm down a little - you are becoming a little irrational.

1 Like

Sigh. Most applications I build need a fraction of what you listed here - iOS on Xojo is actually pretty good after the latest updates earlier this year:

• The new mobile framework is API 2.0-compliant, using String and Variant which greatly improves code compatibility with Desktop and Web
  • Updated Mobile controls, including all-new MobileMoviePlayer and MobileMapViewer
  • New iOS features such as Notifications, URL schemes, app shortcuts, modal screens, badges and more
  • Many common framework features are now available including URLConnection, XMLDocument, RegEx, UDPSocket and more
  • Support for iOS plugins

I get it may not fit your needs but for many people iOS support is good enough - I’m hoping Android is similarly well supported.

2 Likes

feature complete

This is a “double entendre” case:

a. The creator means: “holds all features we intended for an 1.0 version”

b. The reader (future user) understand “it is Android feature complete”.

We will have the answer at release time.