xPDF Plugin

Some time ago for a project I needed to generate PDF documents. Unfortunately, I’m stuck with a version of Xojo that doesn’t support everything I needed to create PDF documents. This is why I made a plugin which wrap libharu library (http://libharu.org) although this code is in an abandon state. I though it could be useful for some people. Beware this version is for the time being only compiled for OS X 64 and hasn’t documentation. Also included you’ll find some examples taken from the original C code and rewritten in Xojo. This should partially replace the lack of documentation. You can take also a look here : Home · libharu/libharu Wiki · GitHub. The method names of the Xojo classes match more or less to those found in the official documentation.You will notice that some functions have been translated to properties.

Be aware that this version is not final, has not been tested intensively and is probably far from a professional work. For the related project this is not really a problem. In case you need something professional I suggest you look at Björn or Christian plugins

xPDF Plugin

3 Likes

a nice addition to INN !

if you plan to leave it as “abandonware” as you said, please make it open source !

libHaru is what I think is “abandoned”

This is why I made a plugin which wrap libharu library (http://libharu.org) although this code is in an abandon state.

as the last release was 6 years ago

Are there any system requirements beside the fact it only works for macOS 64-bit App? The demo project crashes on macOS 10.13.6 (64-bit with the following “error”:

Dyld Error Message:
Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin
Referenced from: /Users/USER/Downloads/*/xPDF Demo.debug.app/Contents/Frameworks/xPDF.dylib (which was built for Mac OS X 10.15)
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

isn’t that a clue?

Yes I know. It would be a good hint in his release posting for other users who might get the same error message.

Perhaps this will drain a bit more traffic here.

This is libharu which is in an abandon state not the wrapper (plugin)

1 Like

This plugin was made for a particular need but I can look next week if I can make it compatible with os x 10.13.

1 Like

Plugin rebuilt with 10.13 compatibility in mind. Quickly tested on a Mac running 10.13.6

Hope this helps

xPDF plugin

2 Likes

Thanks, works now. Can you please include a sample, how to use Emojis? There’s a DocPDF.UseUTFEncodings method. What does the method do? How to use it?

I’d guess you could scour the libharu docs (here Haru Free PDF Library) and get a pretty good idea whats possible