XojoBasic?

@Jeannot, I really thought you were playing an April Fools’ Day prank on INN. That would have been very funny - however to confirm the post is actually real is comedy gold (and truly bizarre).

April Fools’ Day or All Fools’ Day is an annual custom on 1 April consisting of practical jokes and hoaxes. Jokesters often expose their actions by shouting “April Fools!” at the recipient.

2 Likes

Unfortunately not an April Fool’s joke, it’s still on linkedin and it hasn’t been corrected either. The underlined sentence alone is confusing as Xojo 2023 came out a few days ago.

Very bizarre, indeed!

It’s probably just a bug and some old post popped up again and was approved, but it’s amazing that it doesn’t even get fixed.

Source: Dana Brown on LinkedIn: Nostalgic for VB? BASIC is anything but dead

2 Likes

Me as well
Used cross basic as well

Maybe wrote ‘and’ instead of ‘that’ (at least from a non-native English speaker)?

For me:

The company put out a new version at the end of last year, and now supports Linux on Arm64

means that the latest version released is last year.

and:

The company put out a new version at the end of last year, that now supports Linux on Arm64

means that since “the end of last year version” Linux on Arm64 is supported. That opens the possibility to have 1 or more newer versions since the post.

But maybe I’m wrong. I’m bad with Spanish grammar, imagine with English.

2 Likes

Nope, I think you are right, well spotted. Did I mention that I am not a genius. Since lately, I pay attention to never become a stable or unstable genius :slight_smile:

1 Like

I watched the movie Tetris last weekend and this conversation made me smile. No reason why any language should deny its inheritance…

Programmer1: Pascal or assembler?
Programmer2: I was gonna ask you the same thing.
Programmer1: I like Pascal.
Programmer1: Assembler is my go-to.
Programmer1: But never underestimate…
Programmer1 + Programmer2: …the power of BASIC!
Programmer1: That’s spooky.

3 Likes

From your point of view it is so. But comparing B4x with Xojo is not possible. While B4X has all possibilities for Programming and can easy wrap any Java Library to use with B4J. That makes a huge difference. Hence you have the abstract Designer you have no problem to Design user interfaces for all platforms. And that for a small amount of money with B4I which is not free. All others are. Comparing that to Xojo it is (with the hosted builder) 145 per year. That’s nothing against 799 for Xojo. And you can target for all platforms

On google, I saw that:

minutes ago…

BTW: did you read Tarzan (Pellucidar adventure) ?

1 Like

I see similarities between them and Xojo in terms of quality assurance :wink: