Xojo staff no longer particpate in TOF

FWIW Sam not just staff
Even their MVP’s dont post much
So much for Xojo: Xojo MVP Program

1. To facilitate communication with the Xojo community. The MVPs are there to help us get the word out about things going on at Xojo and also to help the community make sure we are hearing what’s going on with them.

3 Likes
  • Too many People are giving us feedback and Pros complain too much.
  • Oh let’s get a handful of folks with skin in the game so they can be managed / controlled.
  • Say, see “we listen”.
  • Move to Archiving Bugs to lower the number of open bugs.

It’s all BS to cover over not fixing bugs. Geoff and Dana know EXACTLY what they are doing.

Every year it’s a new trick…

1 Like

There’s a great staff post about Xojo T-shirts. :slightly_smiling_face:

At least the tshirts don’t have bugs. :joy:

I threw all of mine away in disgust.

The entire Point is: the star is sinking and everybody can see it. That’s the way they do it

2 Likes

They burn really well too !

2 Likes

Wow Dana posted on the forums!

I wonder if Android will ship before Buck Rodgers finishes time traveling?

1 Like

@DaveS noticed how Dana posted almost the same exact thing in 2021 and posted this in our If Not Nil discord chat.

Just stringing people along… Then it’ll ship and not be able to do much.

Geoff and Dana are a huge embarrassment.

1 Like

Exactly :rage:

1 Like

@HalGumbert,

Here we go again…

1 Like

Its possible to aim your reply at Xojo as well

Unfortunately
They’ve done this since day 1
Over promise and under delver is a repeated problem at Xojo

Lots of people wish it WASN’T (like many on this forum)
But there’s no reason to expect that behaviour that has existed since the company started will suddenly change

1 Like

You can live in a Xojo bubble if you want. I live in reality.

Xojo can be fixed, but Geoff needs to make that happen. One way of showing that Geoff is serious is to hire a REAL PROJECT MANAGER.

1 Like

Android in pre-release testing now…
Sounds like a statement of the Ministry of Truth.

1 Like

Come on - Hal’s quite right in exposing that fast-spinning reality distortion field.

1 Like

This reminds me of one of those Start Treck scenes:
Enterprise floating in space, in front of some sparkling, swirling, cloudy object.
Zulu: ‘Captain, what is that?’
Kirk: ‘I wish I knew. Uhura, can we detect communication?’
Uhura: ‘Yes Captain, but only a very confused stream of words’
Spock: ‘Interesting’

1 Like

Can it be ? Maybe but I dont expect Xojo to be fixed
Geoff would have to step out of his comfort zone and get someone serious about quality software development.
Or just step aside
That it hasn’t happened in 20+ years so far leaves me to believe its not about to.

It’s comfortable.
Geoff likes being CEO of the company
The “Steve Jobs of Xojo” as it were
But Steve didnt run Apple by himself
Nor did he fancy himself a software developer, electrical engineer, etc - all the skills that are needed to make Apple software & hardware what it is
He knew when to set the vision for what he wanted and let his people make it happen
AND he knew enough to make sure they had the right people, tools & time to make it happen with the kind of QUALITY Apple was/is known for

Xojo needs that
But I dont see it happening

2 Likes

can easily be detected when someone uses ‘we’ when speaking about their own personal decisions.

Trust me I have NO issue saying

I made that decision and …

There are things in the IDE I regret having done
And some I think are useful

I try to OWN my decisions - good bad or indifferent

3 Likes

Not having a Project Manager or not having a Plan can work just fine. I don’t have a documented Plan for Xanadu. But I stop to fix known bugs. I don’t just archive the bugs pretending they don’t exist.

But Geoff and Dana have shown it’s not working fine for Xojo. Xojo is complex and history shows us that there’s a big problem. And with Xojo staff changing behaviors willy nilly, it’s creating another hot mess.

I guess we’ll have to wait for API 3.0.

https://tracker.xojo.com/xojoinc/xojo/-/issues/71075
https://tracker.xojo.com/xojoinc/xojo/-/issues/70794

are, IMHO, a great examples of changing things without realizing the consequences of it

basically both are silent code breaking changes
the WORST kind of thing since everything still compiles but doesnt work for reasons you cant immediately figure out

1 Like