Xojo RPI 64bit

It replies:
not a dynamic executable

Try: file your-app-name. That should tell you what the system thinks is ‘in’ the file.

1 Like
pi@raspberrypi:~/Documents/RP-Tunnel (Andy) $ file RP-Tunnel\ \(Andy\)

RP-Tunnel (Andy): ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3, for GNU/Linux 2.6.26, not stripped

Is /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 the library I need then?

Aha!

So using SSH instead of the RPI terminal, it actually gives me an error message instead of just closing. Good tip for Linux, stick with command line (and SSH)!

pi@raspberrypi:~/Documents/RP-Tunnel (Andy) $ ./RP-Tunnel\ \(Andy\)
./RP-Tunnel (Andy): error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Would it be apt-get install libgtk-3 then?

That would be one. There are probably 6 needed.
I’m surprised the ldd command failed. I haven’t checked on a system that is missing the proper architecture libraries, though.

1 Like

unable to locate package libgtk-3
Is that the right name?

There should be a multi-arch package that includes all of the 32-bit libraries. libgtk is probably just the tip of the iceberg.

Thank you. If you come across a link or a how-to, I would appreciate it. Can’t seem to find anything that’s specific to this issue.
Was actually hoping that @eugenedakin or someone had already done all the heavy lifting!

Really appreciate your help with this!

The arm64 stuff is still somewhat new. I know there is work being done on compatibility but it may still be experimental.

1 Like

Found this link, does it look applicable?

Looks like a good place to start.

MacOS this is brand new with 10.15 or so
64 bit Windows still runs 32 bit apps just fine since it includes all the required 32 bit compatibility (literally called WOW - Windows On Windows I think)
Most 64 bit OSes can run 32 bit apps IF they have the libraries that the 32 bit app requires

That would be the same on the Pi I assume

Apple removed the 32 bit components :slight_smile: Up to that point running 32 / 64 bit was no big deal
But … Apple :frowning:

it includes all the libraries IT knows about (dylibs for plugins etc) but those depend on other bits in the OS (like libwebgtk etc) that they cant/dont ship as part of an app because they may have other dependencies as well and may need to be in specific locations

1 Like

should run with this

dpkg --add-architecture i386

Then run this:

apt-get update 

look also for frther dependencies.

that’s ok on the RPI?

I can try tomorrow morning cause I am not in my Office but at home. But under Linux you should be able to install 32 bit libraries in that way. Please also do not forget to install libunwind8 otherwise no xojo app will run. Is it a webapp a desktop app or a command line app?

Thank you!

Good tip! May not be necessary on 64-bit…

pi@raspberrypi:~/Documents/RP-Tunnel (Andy) $ sudo apt-get install libunwind8
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
libunwind8 is already the newest version (1.2.1-10~deb10u1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Desktop.

Tried it. No joy.

adding the i386 architecture to a Pi wont help since a Pi is not an Intel (i386)
Even if the packages could be installed they wont run

maybe

dpkg --add-architecture armhf

which is 32 bit arm

Thanks, but no cigar :frowning: