Xojo, cutting the cord

Definitely, the Xojo users are old enough to have learned from Microsoft that only version 3 and above is mature enough. I’m afraid that will be right as well for Xojo Android 3.x.

Understand. Modesty is not his business.

" For a class action lawsuit, you must prove that numerous people sustained harm in a similar way or suffered financial losses at the hands of another party for a court to certify your class action lawsuit."

2 Likes

A real stable genius, by all means.

Xojo Android 3? We will all be long dead by then.

However, this person has the one advantage that such stories are immediately believed. Although if I were a father, I would rather advise my daughter not to start a job in the White House since the nineties :slight_smile:

Yikes!

Renew today to access the features and fixes in this release

Pay again if you want a fix for the shit we delivered - shameless down to bone and marrow.

https://forum.xojo.com/t/xojo-2023-release-1-now-available/75078

Release Notes for Xojo 2023r1

• Bugs fixed: 85
  • Features added: 19
  • Documentation changes: 34
  • Examples changed: 3

Take my money! :nauseated_face:

At least people don’t talk about low code anymore, so writing our fingers sore gets rewarded :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah :frowning:

Repeatable hard crash when clicking on a window with a lot of controls.

EDIT : and there we go
24 minutes from public notice posted about the update to the first “OMG HELP ME!” post

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

Hm…I could argue, successfully I think, that the changes that Xojo introduced caused financial losses of my business. A number of former consultants are on this forum and have all moved on.

But then I just don’t care. If Xojo is around in another 5 years I will be amazed - they’ll never get another cent out of me and my new company that used to have 20 Pro licenses is now down to 5 and I’m not sure we’ll renew those ever again. Maybe keep 1 around for compiling for the inevitable MacOS changes.

4 Likes

But those 20 licenses were just part of the “vocal minority”
They seemed to focus on absolute #'s of users
There were never going to be as many full time devs using it as there were citizens & hobbyists
But if you count them all as “one vote each” then you get a focus on non-full time developers.
However, if they had focused on the revenue each category generated then I suspect very strongly that would have changed things
Each Pro and Pro+ user was worth more in total $ than others
And those licenses were held by companies like yours and many others
And those have, from what I can tell, been the ones most negatively affected and that have moved on since they no longer have faith in Xojo

2 Likes

We’ve been saying this for years. How many personal licenses does it take to make up for a single pro license. Focus on who is the most profitable customer - not total number of customers.

2 Likes

I want this release because it’s supposed to fix the “entire window goes blank and stops refreshing” problem on Windows but I’ll wait for 2023 r1.1

Sure. Changes I get, technology moves forward.
“degrade gracefully”. In my opinion this is bedrock for a dev tool.
As I said it frosts my cookies that not only does Xojo not degrade gracefully, but when changes come around that require an API bump, where is the conversion utility? Oh, nothing, I, me, the customer has to just suck it up and re-write my code. And you’re not done paying when you buy your license. If you are doing anything of note, you are going to be on the hook to buy add ons (no offense @MonkeybreadSoftware). And you have another piece of the puzzle that you need to keep track of.

I said in an earlier post that I have C functions that I wrote 20 years ago that still compile!

The time that I spend “product coding” is an investment. Grr. I’m almost po’ed enough to get the wheels rolling on a CAL. I mean the time that I spent coding my products is lost. With nothing to show for it in the future. I’m sure that a few other people on this board would hop aboard. It might even get the “stable genius’” attention.

Well @bkeeney, at least we helped put his kids through school!

2 Likes

I hope so.

1 Like

would you mind sharing this with me?? I am still using API 1

We’re just part of the “vocal minority” so what would we know ?
:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Sure.
In Windows, if you paint directly to the screen it will flicker. You may have seen this in other apps. In my game I painted the screen to memory, and then bitblt’ed the memory to the screen. On a mac this is not necessary.

Apparently it is solved. I like the “solution” :slight_smile: :

According to Xojo, it’s not a bug. I erased the disk and generated it on APFS instead of ExFAT. Data restored and lo and behold, no problems.