Xojo Blogs and Resources

I know that Xojo Inc maintains a listing of blogs and other websites related to Xojo development but that list is highly censored. For example, Bob Keeney’s blog and even this site currently aren’t on it! Sites are also often removed from the list if someone posts anything that Geoff Perlman doesn’t like so I thought I would create a post to keep an alphabetically sorted list. If you would like the list amended then PM me or @npalardy and we will update it.

Xojo

Blogs

Third Party Controls / Plugins

• Einhugur plugins. A fantastic collection of really useful plugins for Xojo desktop projects.
  • GraffitiSuite. Anthony Cyphers sells a great suite of UI classes for both Xojo desktop and web projects.
  • The MonkeyBread plugin. This almost needs no introduction. Christian Schmitz writes this almighty plugin that adds thousands of features to Xojo.Well worth the money, even for hobbyist developers.
  • StackView - Xojo Classes to implement StackViews by using ContainerControls
  • Valentina - One of the oldest plugin supporters of Xojo with ValentinaDB ADK for Xojo, Valentina Reports ADK for Xojo and integration with Valentina Server.

Open Source Xojo Components

Raspberry Pi

Miscellaneous

• XoPro. This website gives a dashboard displaying recent posts in the online world of Xojo. Essentially it pulls RSS feeds from a variety of blogs and other sources.
  • Xojo to Windows API conversions A useful list of conversions for Windows API calls
  • Eugene Dakins Github Author of the "I wish I knew how to … " books on xDev Eugene has 7 repositories available.
  • MacOSLib repository of the MacOS library which contains tons of useful Cocoa declares for macOS
  • Alex Restrepo Alex Restrepo’s github repositories for Listbox Custom Cells and RBComposer (a greta custom drawing example)
  • Ohanaware resources @samRowlands excellent code for dealing with app nap, app store receipts, media library and other macOS technologies
  • ImagePlay Sources for Thomas Eckerts ImagePlay library which lets you do a lot of image manipulation in pure Xojo code
  • iOSDesignExtensions Jeremy Leroy’s open source iOS extensions for Xojo
  • Mac Technologies Kem Tekinay’s open source github repositories
  • [Brandon Skrtich]GitHub - beardedio/XojoControls: A set of custom controls for Xojo / RealBasic Gihub repository with several eopn source custom controls
  • Bernardo Monsalve Bernardo Monsalves open source projects on github including a PDF engine (DBreportPDF)

Archival

• BKeeney Briefs. Long time Xojo software developer Bob Keeney always offers constructive criticism of Xojo and posts tidbits of useful information relating to years of being a Xojo consultant. The BKeeney web site and blog posts only exist on Archive.org :frowning:

• Camp Software. INN forum member @HalGumbert is was a Xojo software developer who also occasionally blogs blogged about Xojo. No longer using Xojo actively and has switched to PHP

8 Likes

You might also add my RB pages at Thomas Tempelmann's REALbasic tips & demos (fairly outdated) (quite old but some tips are still valid) and my product Arbed (also always a bit behind supporting the latest additions to Xojo project types but very useful to see differences between versions or get a source listing, search over multiple projects, identify external files, use Version Control systems such as github with binary projects and more).

4 Likes

Link added to main list
And your post of course will point people that way as well

1 Like

Can you please add the list of Xojo 3D tutorials
https://www.xojo3d.zoclee.com/

1 Like

it was there when I added the link based on

no idea whats going on as heading to zoclee then clicking that repo fails as well

seems to be back now

Looks like xojo keeps loosing users and public resource for those who are still using it.

The great resources create by One of the most active member of the xojo comunity are now gone from his blog. He even asked xojo to remove his name and the ULR to his blog from the posts in TOF.

The post about using the windows API with xojo is still in the web archive site.

1 Like

This one is gone, too.

It did finally load here for me

I wonder about lifting the content, attributing it, and posting it on INN somewhere ?

1 Like

Markdown tables don’t seem to support multi-line cells (what I’ve found is that you have to add a HTML <br>). Someone may be interested in doing so, but with my toolchain it looked like that would be a manual process.

WebArch is having trouble saving a local copy of the Internet Archive link, but I think that’s a my-system issue and I’ve sent the author an email.

The Internet Archive is supposed to be an archive, so in theory that’s the best place for it. Though it definitely has slow response times.

1 Like

I have saved that Blog Post: Windows APIs to Xojo data type conversion as a PDF on 24.11.2018 - just in case this is useful to someone.

Edited: removed the link to the PDF by request of the Author.
PM me should you need it.

3 Likes

My bad
Misread their reply and posted it when I shouldnt have
Thats been corrected

2 Likes

Apparently HE had some disagreement/tantrum/whatever you want to call it and trashed what he’d written (NO idea what transpired)

And asked Xojo to remove it & references to him & his site

AND has been haranguing me to remove every last post that includes his name on here

He can chase archive.org to get his name & site removed there

added Active Record repos to the list

Well, several years ago I found what he had written very useful. And I kept a PDF. So thanks (if you can hear me.) :slight_smile:

The archive.org link still references it
And several have created PDF’s of it
And there’s others

I believe they call that the Barbara Streisand Effect

1 Like