Why isn't Xojo popular

Rob Valk, wants to know why no-one’s heard of Xojo. Is anyone gonna tell 'im?

Xojo is a faith-based community. Facts about Xojo are of least importance.

6 Likes

I gave it some thought and responded. We’ll see if the moderators allow it. I tried to use my ‘reasonable’ voice. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Good Job, I would have been quite a bit more snarky, which is why I refrained.

In principle my reply was “By design”.

Xojo isn’t popular, because Xojo doesn’t want to be popular. There is a variety of things that Xojo could spend their cash on, which would help to elevate awareness of the product. Instead some of their recent decisions have been inconsiderate of their customer base, resulting in the exact opposite effect of what Xojo desperately needs.

One of the simplest things they could do is value their enthusiasts, the ones who push the boundaries, capabilities, help others in the community and importantly, proactively promote Xojo outside of this forum.

In many cases, these people who were willing to help Xojo grow, were told they’re not Xojo’s target audience and even asked, why they hadn’t moved on a long time ago…

5 Likes

Actually, I’m kind of surprised my list didn’t elicit some responses. But then again, nothing in the list I gave wasn’t true in some form or fashion.

1 Like

Preaching to the Choir ?

1 Like

Normally, that’d get you banned.

1 Like

As the Xojo community is meant to be a resource for Xojo users to receive help, share tips, and communicate in a reasonable and professional manner, intentionally inflammatory comments (trolling) or users who are an overwhelmingly negative influence in the community will be suspended.

I was surprised that your post was still there to read. It was a professionally stated opinion about the state of things that SHOULD be allowed. But - we all know that is not tolerated on TOF!

1 Like

I just said that Xojo had the oportunity to be HUGE after VB6 but they made a lot of bad decisions and the company was proud to barely existing untill now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I was surprised you post existed for as long as it did

It appears to have touched a nerve

1 Like

You naughty boy!

2 Likes

Yep. Xojo just doesn’t seem to care. Where has the marketing been? The only thing I hear from marketing is a black friday sale.

When I suggested the item to make Xojo Databases easier for FileMaker Devs to help get more devs into Xojo, it was ignored for years. Then Geoff releases “DB Kit”. It’s insane.

2 Likes

I was surprised as well. But then they also seem to ghost their own forum for stretches.

As to being proud to barely exist, I have commented before that their blog entry touting Xojo as one’s “secret weapon” was a mighty weird thing to come out of Marketing.

1 Like

Oh indeed
Not participating is now the norm rather than the exception
They all check in regularly
Most just dont post anything

Its almost like Shhhh we dont want anyone to know about us
WHY THE HELL NOT ??? !!!

EDIT : updated screen shot

1 Like

Norman, what does that screenshot mean? The headers are missing so I can’t tell…

Most of crew been assigned to the damage control party? :ferry::bucket:

1 Like

Sorry
Fixed

See what you started Ivan… Muahahahaha!!!

5 Likes