Why go for cross-platform desktop apps in 2023?

Chewing an old cow. Python is the wrong solution for Desktop. Not everything you can do is the best way you should do. Python Desktop is not. Bit like always on this platform: we will find people which telling: waaahhh beset. Nope. Python is changing its Api faster than most people changing their underwear. And that makes problems with the code reliability. Both, WX Python and Ivy doing the same? Did I mentioned the need of reliability?

And please don’t try to tell the ferry tale Python is faster than Java. No, it is not. It is also with WXPython or Ivy not as stable as Java. And it is: still a Script Language. And please don’t try to come up with yeah you can compile it. The result of Compilation is not as performant as it is needed gor the most applications at least the ones I’m writing.

Python is definitely not a Desktop Language and it is also not that widely used, not wx not ivy. I am sad that I get always that kinky arguments served as the new truths. It is not becoming the best Desktop environment while you present it. oYou can do Desktop with it but it is not made for complex Desktops.

Not while you can do the people will do. Look on the sponsoring for it and you’ll get: far away from the professional world. Not bad but nothing I would rely on to have an application I could possibly not maintain after half of a year without rewriting. Languages which are made for this are able to maintain the needed API’s for long term and not for weeks. With Jan granted for a decade. And how you want to write your Application as a Business Application where you rely on for years? Man.