Where is darkmode?

I always visit this forum in Dark Mode, today is bright white and I can’t find the setting to change it to Dark Mode, can anyone help?

Working on fixing it
The component that provided that has been deprecated without replacement but I haven’t sorted out the correct new setting for Discourse to enable dark mode (which is now supposedly built in)

2 Likes

Its not the EXACT Same theme but its better than bright white

2 Likes

You guys are true creatures of the night. I swim against the tide on this one, don’t like dark mode, want something closer to ink on paper. Like smaller text fonts too.

But then I use K&R bracing in my C# code too … the few … the proud … the 15%

Nice to have it back. I have been on the dark side ever since Mojave. :slight_smile:

My eyes like me once again ever since I switched to dark mode
Used to get piercing headaches by the end of the day because of the high brightness & required high contrast settings in full light
Now my office is more like what you see when you visit your optometrist & they do your eye exam - low light

Ever since - no headaches !

2 Likes

Yeah I’m strange that way, I’m turning on the office lights when it gets cloudy, probably higher than average brightness settings on monitors except right at bedtime. To each their own – that’s what makes the world go 'round!

Bah no average user wants that :stuck_out_tongue:

• JUST for those unclear - :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m with you. Tried dark mode but found it harder to focus on/read things.

2 Likes

Dark mode triggers “MS-DOS mode” for me. Never used it, never will.

2 Likes

Sounds to me like I need to just make dark mode the default because everyone uses it :stuck_out_tongue:

And I like it

So there

Seriously just kidding

2 Likes

Dark mode helps me see things better. I have black “floaters” in my eyes as a result of more than twenty years of diabetes. Black on white is harder to read as when the floaters get in the way, they make letters unintelligible. It’s not impossible to read through, but it certainly slows me down.

I appreciate that you guys have different opinions but aren’t dismissing Dark Mode, as the Xojo forum likes to do. It’s so hurtful when people call it a useless trend because it actually helps me see.

1 Like

I have floater in my eyes too… no wonder I like the dark mode on browser…not Xojo IDE though but dark mode with pycharm or intellij

DarkReader works well…